Req DB Clean turned off if Source is unavailable
Basically I have the feature to update library on startup and i have the watchdog addon so if i rename or move or delete a title from my NAS it updates and i dont have to manually go into the XBMC and remove it, However, sometimes i boot up and the NAS will be unavailable, for whatever reason, reboot, network, updating NAS, Wireless signal.
Anyway, I would like to have the option to NOT clean the Database or have the sources removed or modified if the source is currently not availble.

example
I have a USB drive with video folder with movie folders within that and then movie files within those. If the root source (USB) is available and a video folder of file is got, then go ahead and clean the database.

If Everything is missing because the source is not there or not available, ASK if you want to remove the DB or just keep it, anything that is still there you can navigate through but you just wont be able to play it.
Aye, it just takes time to implement something like this. That's why "clean on update" is off by default, because no one has done this yet :)
I wouldn't think that it would be too difficult..
in the clean DB code, before the clean run put some extra code, that says - top level parent directory available? no - dont clean - if yes - clean - or ask.
I know some basic java coding, is i could understand the code or where to find the clean DB code i might be able to put it in myself.
This is an essencial usability feature that PLEX already has for some time now. This might seem irrelevant for those who like to collect movies in a hardrive, but for those who need to delete movies frequently to free up space, it is a PITA to have to go and clean files manually.

If/when XBMC fixes this, I'm ready to jump ship.

+10
+1 for this feature request. I have multiple hdd for my raspi/openelec system. But not all hdds are connected at the same time due to power consumption reasons. Without this feature i'm not able to perform a clean library, because not all hdds are connected.
(2013-12-01, 12:55)gerosil Wrote: +1 for this feature request. I have multiple hdd for my raspi/openelec system. But not all hdds are connected at the same time due to power consumption reasons. Without this feature i'm not able to perform a clean library, because not all hdds are connected.

just found, that this feature request will be implemented in XBMC 13:
Req:3708

can't wait for it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DB Clean turned off if Source is unavailable1