Awesome lighting project
Hey everyone,

my name is David, I'm 17 years old and my team and I have built an awesome addon for any TV or monitor which illuminates background of your screen in real-time. It's open-source, works with Windows/Mac/Linux, easy to set up and works wirelessly. It's has been made for HTPC since it works only with content synced from a PC. This is how it looks like:

Currently, we are running a Kickstarter campaign for it. To make this thing a reality, we need help of you guys! Please, check our project on KS: http://kck.st/YhVl9v

Cheers!

p.s.: we also plan on making a XMBC plugin if funding is sucessful!
we have that, its called boblight ... http://code.google.com/p/boblight/ and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116331 uses arduino and some clever programing by bobo1on1 Smile

good luck anyway... I hope it works out for you guys
Let me know if you want boblight support for it.
That looks sweet would love to try it once you reach your goal maybe it be easier then boblight never got a chance to give that one a go cause don't understand it really.
If you're thinking of turning this idea into a business, Philips might soon be having a word as they have multiple patents in this area... best of luck though.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This looks interesting, I've been wanting to try my own Boblight project for awhile now. I think I'm savvy enough to follow any how-to guides, but I'm worried I'll run into a problem and I'll spend all the money on parts that end up not working. It would be nice to be able to purchase a ready to go, slap it on the back of my TV and connect it to m PC solution. The price doesn't seem that far off from what I would spend anyway.
The issue with this project is that Philips will sue them out of oblivion once they start a company.
Smile
Guys, we are in contact with Philips and currently we are making a deal with them, don't be worried about that.

@bobo1on1 - absolutely, we'll be in touch!
(2013-04-19, 01:12)e-radionica Wrote: Guys, we are in contact with Philips and currently we are making a deal with them, don't be worried about that.

Excellent! Smile

I've got one of the original Philips Aurea sets so I'm not in the market for your product but wish you all the best - I wouldn't buy another TV that didn't have full Ambilight, I love it! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Are there off the shelf ambient light kits that are available for purchase and that folks recommend?
This is the jim-boblight

Or. Recessing your telly into the wall Wink

Does the job for me!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Boblight's awesome, but we support DirectX10/11 Smile
I don't understand why you would want such a thing anyway. I never have.
Because rather than a sharp edge. It gives the feeling that the screen is bigger than it is and it makes it feel immersive.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome lighting project0