Play whole album using app
I have Frodo running in WHS 2011 on a RipNAS Statement. It now seems to be working fine when I run it from my LCD TV using the remote. If I select the first song in an album, it plays the whole album (I have selected the Playback setting of "Play next track automatically". However, when I use the App on my iPad (also on my iPhone), when I select the first song, it only plays the one song. How do I fix this? This is important as it isn't usually practical to use the TV with my setup, so I need a good app.

I am using the App called "Official XBMC Remote" by "joethefox". I chose it because of the name, but does it have any real relationship to the XBMC organisation?

I can't find a setting in the App that obviously covers this issue. There are some settings that are unintelligible, like "Direct Play mode" and "Ken Burns effect" without any explanation, but nothing I have tried seems to make any difference.

If it is a problem specific to this app, is there one that works properly?
I don't know about the iOS remote app in particular, but for the Android remote, you can press and hold the thumbnail for an album and you get a pop-up where you can select the option to play the entire album. See if that also works for the iOS remote. If not, then we'll have to wait for suggestions from those familiar with the iOS remote app.

BTW, I've moved your thread to the "Supplementary Tools for XBMC" forum since the question involves the remote control app on your iDevices and not your Windows (XBMC) system.
@Gil Cutler, reading your words I understand that you are using the file mode that is a lot limited, try to build the XBMC Music Library http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library and try again. For example, when in library mode if you enter into an album, whatever song you selects all the entire album is enqueued and the playback starts from the position you had chosen.

(2013-04-18, 21:56)artrafael Wrote: I don't know about the iOS remote app in particular, but for the Android remote, you can press and hold the thumbnail for an album and you get a pop-up where you can select the option to play the entire album.
yep the same with iOS version but sadly when in file mode there is a bug that prevent to play a file folder (works the queuing), bug that is fixed in the upcoming new version.
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like it worked, according to what is showing on the app (e.g. I can go to next track and the next one shows, whereas before it just said nothing is playing), but since I scanned the library, I can no longer get any audio output, either in library mode or not. I haven't changed any other settings (such as the audio output, etc). Do you have any suggestions as to what has happened and what I should do about it?

Actually, don't bother to respond to this last question. I will submit a new post to a more relevant part of the forum, as this no longer has anything to do with the remote app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play whole album using app0