• 3(current)
Solved Chapter Selector Window
Perhaps also something could be borrowed from how MediaBrowser does this since they are open source.
(2013-11-23, 21:53)crawfish Wrote: I'd love to convert some concert DVDs to MKV, but I'd really miss the direct chapter selection. Thumbnails would be useful, but I really need the chapter names, which MKVs do support. This would be a great feature to add!

Indeed, for me that would also be the most important thing, support for the native mkv chapters with the titles if specified. I'm waiting for something like this for a long time and I'm glad to see that it's beeing discussed. Of course thumbails would also be very nice, that thumbnails get generated according to the chapters timestamp. It would be one of the most awesome features from the OSD Smile
Just to throw something out there. If or once we have some chapter thumbnails.
It might be an idea to make it so that they can be used in a multiimage control in library.
Then a skin can have a little thumbnail slideshow onfocus with some delay.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2014-01-08, 15:17)jjd-uk Wrote: Perhaps also something could be borrowed from how MediaBrowser does this since they are open source.

Luke has also offered to get mb3 server working seamlessly as a client with xbmc and you could just use their server program to add what it extracts, but im guessing this wont fly with the dev team using a feature from another program since not all xbmc users will use mb3 server.

But im one of a growing number that would enjoy the two working together.
Lots of good comments a few weeks back! *BUMP* :-)
+1

being able to see all of the chapters in a window and skipping right to them would be great. (i would also like to be able to rename them in xbmc if its possible)

for example i just ripped ufc 100 greatest knockouts and added 100 chapters to the mkv and it would be nice to see who vs who and just click on the chapter.
Please show support for this!
I think the easiest way would be a script that takes the chapter marks from a mkv and puts them in the database as bookmarks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi guys,

As it doesn't seem to be a priority for developers, (and no it's not a reproach), I started working on a Chapters Window!
Just made some quick code for now, but I'm quite confident because I already have a working version for mkv files.
I have to work on DVD and Bluray stream chapters, then on the GUI
I'm currently overriding the bookmark button to call the Chapter Window, and I'm not sure if it should replace it or add another button.
Whatever, I'll continue my work but I have very few free times for now, so it won't be as fast as I hoped.
in case you need some inspiration; note that this is fully supported (including thumbs) in my fork at https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake

i saw no need for yet another dialog so i add them to the bookmark dialog. it has just been tested with mkv's currently.
(2014-04-16, 18:03)mika91 Wrote: Hi guys,

As it doesn't seem to be a priority for developers, (and no it's not a reproach), I started working on a Chapters Window!
Just made some quick code for now, but I'm quite confident because I already have a working version for mkv files.
I have to work on DVD and Bluray stream chapters, then on the GUI
I'm currently overriding the bookmark button to call the Chapter Window, and I'm not sure if it should replace it or add another button.
Whatever, I'll continue my work but I have very few free times for now, so it won't be as fast as I hoped.

(2014-04-17, 00:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: in case you need some inspiration; note that this is fully supported (including thumbs) in my fork at https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake

i saw no need for yet another dialog so i add them to the bookmark dialog. it has just been tested with mkv's currently.

Awesome!
(2014-04-17, 00:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: in case you need some inspiration; note that this is fully supported (including thumbs) in my fork at https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake

thanks!
What a great idea to "merge" bookmarks and chapters in the same dialog.
I'll just make some test to see if using thumbs is convenient for chapters (a lot of DVD have more than 30 chapters...)
I'm starting test with dvd iso today.
Hi guys !

I already made a plugin for a chapters window, i use it for some month now and it works fine for me, i think i will release it soon Wink
My plugin also include a scraper and support .xml and .txt chapter files (easy to edit).

Here some screenshots if you wanna see :

You can use the scraper to find automatically the best chapters for you or select manually :

It has also configurable options but it's not 100% finished yet ^^

Hope you like it, cu later Wink
Well lets get testing it then. Where can we get a copy?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-19, 12:56)WantedThing Wrote: Hi guys !

I already made a plugin for a chapters window, i use it for some month now and it works fine for me, i think i will release it soon Wink
My plugin also include a scraper and support .xml and .txt chapter files (easy to edit).
Great job!

On my side, I tried wednesday to work on DVD input stream.
I can get the chapters infos (number & start position) using the dvdnad method dvdnav_describe_title_chapters, but when I try to free memory it crashs.
Looks like a C compiler stuff, so I suscribed to dvdnav mailing lists and asked for help, and requested for a dvdnav_free() method.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapter Selector Window3