Keep losing SMB shares on ipad2
Hello all!

I have all my movies on a win7x64 machine with the main folder shared via smb. The folder is password protected which works fine on all of my win based xbmc clients as well as my raspberry pi. However, my ipad2 loses connection to the smb shares daily. I can get it to connect on occasion by restarting all pcs on the network but inevitably I lose the connection within a day or two. Xbmc can't even see the share in the add videos dialog.

Any suggestions?
Debug log from when this happens?
Sorry,

Was posting from my ipad last night at midnight so didn't have a chance to post the log. I'll try to get it this afternoon and post it.
Okay,

I can't even SSH into the ipad. Using putty and entering the IP address the connection just times out. I checked and both the computer and ipad are connected to the same router, both are receiving IP address from the same DNS and both have the same subnet mask.

I've installed OpenSSH and SBSettings and verified that OpenSSH is enabled.

I don't know what's going on.
Sounds like one of your devices doesn't have the IP you think it has ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was finally able to ssh into the ipad using putty yesterday. I had to reboot the ipad, "forget" the wifi connection, then re-establish the connection. The ipad ended up with the same IP address as before, but now I was able to SSH into it.

I'm confident about the IP addresses (unless the ipad somehow shows the wrong IP and dns info in the wireless settings screen). I have all my home PC's on static IP's Wink The only devices that can change are the iDevices and as I mentioned, I confirmed the IP and DNS server in the IPad wifi screen.

Of course, it is magically working again so now I can't duplicate the problem Smile I'm sure I'll lose connection again though, and I'll post the log when trying to connect and getting the failure.
Once you loose the shares - try to ping the ipad from a pc to ensure that the ip is still right...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Will do. Good luck so far though. It's been 24 hours and I still have connection Smile
Okay, finally had the error again yesterday. I thought it was fixed, but apparently not. I can log in to my ipad using Cyberduck from the "server" PC. Also, all my other computers can access the folders in question.

Pastebin link for debug log:

http://pastebin.com/t74jF6FN

Doesn't really tell you much though I'm afraid. Just gives a timeout error when trying to connect to the "server".

I try to manually setup the new shares but xbmc cannot find any smb shares.

Really weird.
shutdown all PC's, laptops, and iDevices on the network, then power cycled modem and router. Rebooted server pc, then ipad and launched xbmc and everything is working again. Somehow the ipad must be dropping out of the workgroup table or something. Anyways, I guess I know how to fix it. As long as it works for a couple months at a time, a re-boot of the system isn't that big of a deal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep losing SMB shares on ipad20