• 11(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
If you would like more information on the product please feel free to check out http://www.thelittleblackboxna.com/the-l...-box-info/

We also have a forum located here that answers tons of questions: www.tlbbforum.com

You can also email us at [email protected]
(2013-08-24, 07:07)Cody-TLBB Wrote: If you would like more information on the product please feel free to check out http://www.thelittleblackboxna.com/the-l...-box-info/

We also have a forum located here that answers tons of questions: www.tlbbforum.com

You can also email us at [email protected]
Can you please post the full specifications? Been to multiple sites and none list the complete specs:
- ports
- codec support
- resolutions/framerates supported
- power brick V/A/wattage
- etc.
I'm also looking to know what version of Linux is on there and if I would be able to load my VPN client on there? Are you able to drop down from XBMC to the OS in order to install the VPN client or log into the client and use a web browser?

Thanks
We have released a new video showcasing Movies and TV shows integrated into The Little Black Box library

In response to the above questions:

- ports
USB
HDMI
Ethernet (RJ45)
- codec support

Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.
Audio formats: MIDI, AIFF, WAV/WAVE, AIFF, MP2, MP3, AAC, AACplus (AAC+), Vorbis, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, Monkey's Audio (APE), RealAudio, SHN, WavPack, MPC/Musepack/Mpeg+, Shorten, Speex, WMA, IT, S3M, MOD (Amiga Module), XM, NSF (NES Sound Format), SPC (SNES), GYM (Genesis), SID (Commodore 64), Adlib, YM (Atari ST), ADPCM (Nintendo GameCube), and CDDA.
Digital picture/image formats: RAW image formats, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA
Subtitle formats: AQTitle, ASS/SSA, CC, JACOsub, MicroDVD, MPsub, OGM, PJS, RT, SMI, SRT, SUB, VOBsub, VPlayer
Metadata tags: APEv1, APEv2, ID3 (ID3v1 and ID3v2), ID666 and Vorbis comments for audio file formats, Exif and IPTC (including GeoTagging) for image file formats (no AC3 True and DTS HD)

- resolutions/framerates supported

Resolutions: 720p/1080p @50./60 Hz.

- power brick V/A/wattage
12 V, 2 A
- etc.

From J1NX:
VPN: Is on the list. As we have linux it is not a problem to code it in, but as XBMC does not have it, we need to code the "glue" as well
"As soon as stability and nasty bugs have been done, I will implement the IPKG package system, which will allow the (advanced) user to install any IPKG package (http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwar...ss/stable/)"
24p Support? DTS-HD Support in future? Special version of nbox Skin included?
(2013-09-11, 10:05)Koloss Wrote: 24p Support? DTS-HD Support in future? Special version of nbox Skin included?
24p was answered in post #150: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1488453

I hope they implement HD/lossless support. I suspect it may be a driver issue/codec/licensing issue.
(2013-09-13, 17:37)BluechipJ Wrote: I hope they implement HD/lossless support. I suspect it may be a driver issue/codec/licensing issue.

This makes me wonder -- if it's just HD audio passthrough most everyone wants why is it so hard? (Not saying it shouldn't be hard this is an honest question).
(2013-09-13, 17:37)BluechipJ Wrote:
(2013-09-11, 10:05)Koloss Wrote: 24p Support? DTS-HD Support in future? Special version of nbox Skin included?
24p was answered in post #150: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1488453

I hope they implement HD/lossless support. I suspect it may be a driver issue/codec/licensing issue.

It is confirmed that the box doesn't have the license even for passthrough and never be available on this one.
(2013-09-13, 20:29)milli Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 17:37)BluechipJ Wrote:

It is confirmed that the box doesn't have the license even for passthrough and never be available on this one.

A license is not required for passthrough. Only decoding needs a license. Passthrough is equivalent to copying the video file over to your AVR.
(2013-09-14, 04:12)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 20:29)milli Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 17:37)BluechipJ Wrote: 24p was answered in post #150: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1488453

A license is not required for passthrough. Only decoding needs a license. Passthrough is equivalent to copying the video file over to your AVR.

Check out this tlbb thread. which claims license is required even for passthrough.
(2013-09-14, 07:15)milli Wrote:
(2013-09-14, 04:12)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 20:29)milli Wrote: It is confirmed that the box doesn't have the license even for passthrough and never be available on this one.

Check out this tlbb thread. which claims license is required even for passthrough.

Okay, but a license is still not required for passthrough. They can say whatever they want, and that will still be true.
It's fairly amazing to me how many people have fallen for the HD audio marketing scam. Still waiting on a double blind treat where people can actually tell the difference.
me too natethomas. i don't think all user as superb sound systems (at least 3000$) for catching difference between dolby and dolby hd...

BHH

BTW RIP Mr. Dolby!
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
ordered mine on monday from amazon germany, got it on tuesday.
initial problems:
remote did only connect with the device after standing in front of it and holding 1 and 9 button,
firmware update only did work with usb-stick inserted.

now it's working fine, i've streamed some 1080p mkv-files with dts-sound (no frame drops) from a 1,5 tb hdd connected via usb and various online-streams.
i also tried different skins, the included tlbb-version of bello works nice, aeon nox and metropolis also work, the fastest one is quartz.

i can recommend it.
(2013-09-14, 17:46)natethomas Wrote: It's fairly amazing to me how many people have fallen for the HD audio marketing scam. Still waiting on a double blind treat where people can actually tell the difference.

I know it's quite shocking but there are a lot of us with really good audio systems where the difference between even DTS and DTS-MA is apparent. I'll take the Pepsi challenge any time you'd like to do it.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33