• 6(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
Hey j1nx, a few questions:

Does TLBB uses a special XBMC build, or does it uses the Linux generic version?

How about future XBMC updates? Will they be OTA, or how will be the procedure to do them?

Being a M3 AmLogic hardware device. What about powering off the unit? Do we have to manually unplug the box after powering off like the Pivos XIOS M3?

Thank you
@Julesallen ... I already bought at http://www.thelittleblackboxna.com no errors that they couldn't deliver to our country.... I hope it all goes well. Will do a review once i get the box. Thanks!
Great

Sent from my iPhone 2
watch gallery
  • Runs the award winning XBMC media player and entertainment hub for digital media. Featuring the only STB to offer OTA updates running pure XBMC.
  • Custom user interface designed to make XBMC very user friendly. Featuring a setup wizard that guides first time users, with the thought in mind of people who have never seen or used XBMC before
  • Regional add-ons automatically installed at set-up.
  • Dual sided Qwerty RF remote, custom buttons designed for XBMC
  • Fully functional multimedia jukebox (All your favorite movies, music and TV shows are automatically categorized into a library)
  • Full 1080p video with HD Audio passthrough
  • Internal Storage 4GB
  • Internet Browsing: View Internet web sites on your TV using the built-in web browser. (coming soon)
  • Control with Your android or iOS Tablet or phone with TLBB remote app
  • Air Play Supported (With Airplay fully supported, you can send any music, videos or pictures with ease from your iPhone or iPad straight to your big screen)
  • Customizable User Interface: Work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (supports Full HD graphics).
  • USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
  • File Browser: Convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
  • Playlist Support: Build playlists from folders, use your own play lists with repeat and shuffle functions.
  • High-Quality Music Playback: Plays very high-quality music files in various formats
  • Wi-Fi: Internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module

Specifications
  • Internal Memory (RAM): 1GB
  • Wi-Fi: Internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module
  • Internal Memory (Flash): 4GB
  • USB: 1 Ports

• Amlogic Mession 3
  • Maximum Resolution: 1080p [Full HD] HDMI

Source: North America Page

Amazon Listing

XBMC and Linux coding done by: J1NX
The Little Black Box Interface: Nessus
Also special thanks to other various team members of TLBB have put in hundreds of hours of work
got some problem

i pre order from http://my-htpc.co.uk , but not accept shipping to Italy

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
Ordered my LBB yesterday from NA Tech Distributors and paid on Paypal........ got an email this morning with tracking number, now THAT is FAST work. (thanks Cody) I am switching from the BB which I have had for 2.5 years so I will post a comparison in a few days. The box I use HAS to be spouse friendly or it is a no go. No fiddling around with any settings, it has to just turn on and work.... or I catch hell. We do almost all local streaming from a NAS and the BB has worked just great, but with first the cloud DVR servers going down, and now the forum being shut down on 8/1 the BB servers can't be far behind, and that will just about brick it. In any case I have been on a search for a replacement so I bought this after reading everything I could find on it.

PS. I have an unopened Q190 waiting on my LBB test as a backup. (with OPENEELEC it can be turnkey) I would like to send it back.Big Grin
Hi there,

This little box seems perfect for my need but i have some question before i buy..

- Would i be able to run Utorrent or any kind of torrent app on that ?
- Is there a Twitch.tv app ?
- If i plug my External HD on the box would i be able to share the external HDD over my network ?
- Is it possible to plug in an usb splitter to use more then 1 external HDD ?
- Usb 2.0 or 3.0 ?

Thanks for your time !
I'm concerned about the internal 4GB memory. It seems that it will fill very quick and being a Linux distro that'll bring issues as with the Pivos XIOS. Am I wrong? Or is this already sorted out?
Didn't get a response, so I thought I'd ask again...i have a htpc with windows and xbmc running now. Looking for something cheap and easy for bedroom. Will this be able to install hulu, ustvnow and other addins? They arent OS specific are they? Also, will they be able to share a library, assuming all media is stored on htpc and i follow the steps to setup mysql library?
when will be available in pre order ?

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
@voochi and @nessus,

If you two like, I can split out your posts regarding the Bello skin and move it to the Bugs and Suggestions thread in the Bello skin subforum. This valuable discussion should be of greater interest to and elicit more input from the Bello community over there than it will here in a hardware thread/forum.

Done! Anyone wishing to follow the previous discussion here about the Bello skin fonts can continue doing so over here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1468197
(2013-07-24, 19:22)artrafael Wrote: @voochi and @nessus,

If you two like, I can split out your posts regarding the Bello skin and move it to the Bugs and Suggestions thread in the Bello skin subforum. This valuable discussion should be of greater interest to and elicit more input from the Bello community over there than it will here in a hardware thread/forum.

I am fine with that, I did not intend to go off-topic
So, this box is sold without HDMI cable, correct?
I'm confused about the price. The main website speaks of €99,99, but the europe vendors are all UK based and selling for £99,99 wich is around €115, without shipping.

Was the €99,99 a pre-order price or will these be available for this price in the future?

Also, my-htpc.co.uk does not want to ship to Belgium.
I'm confused about the spec.

Does it pass-through DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD?

The UK site says:

dts-ma and Dolby True-HD downmixing

and

Full 1080p video with full passthrough for dts and Dolby Digital

So, it looks like it does NOT pass through True HD or DTS-MA, does it?

It's in the cart ready to buy, but one of the big reasons is to upgrade to allow proper HD audio to be passed to my HT receiver. Can I get a very simple confirmation if it will or not please.

Now even more confused. Your own forum says (posted today) it DOES NOT pass through HD audio. http://www.tlbbforum.com/threads/dts-hd-...thread.11/

But, post 79 of this thread clearly states HD audio pass through: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1468158

As clear as mud.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33