• 9(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
The review looks good, and the device seems to perform very well. I'm sure they'll sell lots of these, I've even recommended a few work colleagues take a look at them.

It ticks every box for me, except, crucially, HD Audio passthrough as this is my real wish for the replacement to my Revo XBMC box. It would be good to know if there is a HD Audio version in the pipeline, and how long.

Thanks
does that remote control the mouse too? ie does it have the gyro-mouse type thing going on?

i understand that this has linux on it, but is it a full version that will allow me to do al the same things i do on my linux netbook? ie is it a linux install i can actually use, or is it never accessed and is simply to allow xbmc to run?
- No mouse in the remote control
- Short answer... yes. You can do anything you like : http://www.tlbbforum.com/threads/3rd-par...7/#post-21

Cheers
Nessus
Xbmc doesn't need a mouse.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-03, 23:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: does that remote control the mouse too? ie does it have the gyro-mouse type thing going on?

Yes, the mouse part is still in there. It is disabled by default as XBMC does not really need a mouse, but if you enable it in XBMC and press the mouse button, the gyro mouse kicks in. (hard to use, pointing, moving, etc.)
(2013-08-04, 11:12)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 23:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: does that remote control the mouse too? ie does it have the gyro-mouse type thing going on?

Yes, the mouse part is still in there. It is disabled by default as XBMC does not really need a mouse, but if you enable it in XBMC and press the mouse button, the gyro mouse kicks in. (hard to use, pointing, moving, etc.)

thanks for replying folks.

J1nx do you mean that a gyro-mouse is difficult to use in general. or do you mean that for this particular remote the gyro-mouse is difficult to use?

also, if i bought this machine (The Little Black Box aka TLBB) would the remote work on my other smart tv boxes like android boxes?
Whay do you mean 'other' android boxes. Tlbb is not android.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The gyro mouse is hard to use in general. At least within XBMC. The movement is basically moving the mouse cursor. It might be just me, but I find them hard to use.

The remote can not be used on other boxes as the dongle has been integrated in the box.
(2013-08-04, 14:09)nickr Wrote: Whay do you mean 'other' android boxes. Tlbb is not android.

good point, i've corrected my post.
Is the remote programmable that it can power on my tv too? I want this as a device for bedroom, but two remotes is a dealbreaker for WAF.
(2013-08-05, 21:11)sods Wrote: Is the remote programmable that it can power on my tv too? I want this as a device for bedroom, but two remotes is a dealbreaker for WAF.

Buy a universal remote then. Harmony 200 or 300 is only £20.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

universal remote:

i found this cheap one very usable and reliable:
http://www.universalremote.com/products/...es/urc-wr7
Will the Harmony 200 sync with TLBB? I thought the remote for TLBB had some sort of wireless syncing that didn't use IR, or am I confused? I have a spare 200 at home now, so that would work
The remote supplied with TLBB is an RF one, and it has an internal RF receiver. However the original IR sensor is still present so you can still use a harmony.
Is DTS-HD really necessary? I mean I can suffice with with standard audio (although would be nice).

The only other problem I can see occurring is, will this confidently read a 4TB HD, and how would I connect more hard drives? (Would it overload if I had 2x4TB HD?)

Other than that, for this price and considering it already is XBMC and you get a nice remote, I really can't see myself spending way more money on a Celeron NUC and building it, with ram, ssd and a remote. (although those are my two choices) Not to mention getting to know XBMC skins and stuff when TLBB already has that stuff.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33