Linux-xbmc for an unnamed android tv box
If I buy an unnamed Android tv box. How can I find out what linux-xbmc firmware I can use to flash it to Linux?
Thanks.
So you're asking us how you would go about finding a linux install for hardware you know nothing about? You don't. If you know nothing about the box, then it would not be possible to know what to install and how. Don't buy unknown hardware. How would you even know if it's something that has the option of installing linux on it, or if it meets the requirements for XBMC, let alone runs it well?
Scott:
Thank for the reply. I see many boxes sell on ebay under different names.Some are about 2/3 the price of a brand name box. Maybe I should stick to the brand name box.
Yep, I would be very careful about those guys, because some will even look identical to another box but have totally different guts. It's really hard to keep track of them all, too. Best thing to do is to check user reviews that you feel you can trust, and on boxes you can clearly identify at least a model number of some kind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux-xbmc for an unnamed android tv box0