Linux Black screen with VNC/TeamViewer after XBMC
Shocked 
Hi Team,

I have a Ubuntu 13.04 64Bit PC with XBMC 12 and the latest TeamViewer installed.

I have setup the desktop sharing for VNC and TeamViewer and all works fine.

When I launch XBMC and then close it I am now only see a black screen when connecting via the above applications.
-It is only a static black screen, but still connected and can move the mouse with another device.

I can get the remote programs all working again by stopping and starting 'lightdm' via terminal.

Any suggestions or ways to track what XBMC is doing to cause this?

Cheers
Update: Installed XBMC 12.1 - same issue occuring in testing

Modifying the graphics in TeamViewer to towards 'quality' does not fix this and does not help the VNC side also.

- I have posted this on Ubuntu Forums as well.
I have am having the same issue. Have you had any luck with this problem. I just did a fresh install with ubuntu 13.04. and xbmc 12.3. I am using tightvnc viewer. when the computer first boots i can see the computer desktop fine with vnc viewer. only after i start and the exit xbmc does the screen show black on my viewer. i can still use it to control the mouse but can not see what im doing on the viewer. any solution to this problem? i didn't have this issue with 12.04lts and xbmc 12.2
I know have this issue on a 2nd system. This system is running Ubuntu 12.04 lts and xbmc 12.3. Vnc works while xb,c is running but when I exit the program I get a black screen on my desktop. When I first turn in the pc vnc works fine. I only get this black screen after I have started xbmc. Can anyone help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen with VNC/TeamViewer after XBMC0