OS X renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]
great work with the application! thanks this was highly needed.

is there a way to have the renamed files moved into folders??
i was able to rename and move but the files were not placed into their own folders

thanks
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2013-05-16, 12:37)Furby8704 Wrote: great work with the application! thanks this was highly needed.

is there a way to have the renamed files moved into folders??
i was able to rename and move but the files were not placed into their own folders

thanks

What type of files are you talking about, Movie or TV? also what sort of file structure where your files in before you renamed and moved?

Update: I have sorted the problem that Furby8704 reported. I am not going to release a revision fix for this one as a new "major" version is going to be released within a few days.

Next version should be ready for testing soon. If anyone is interested in testing PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy when its ready.

-Josh
I'm using ''filebot'' and sounds similar to your app great to see more on mac...nice one bud...
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
I've got a new version here almost ready to release & I still need people to test it, if anyone's interested let me know.
(2013-05-16, 23:35)joshgaby Wrote: Update: I have sorted the problem that Furby8704 reported. I am not going to release a revision fix for this one as a new "major" version is going to be released within a few days.

Next version should be ready for testing soon. If anyone is interested in testing PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy when its ready.

-Josh

in my case it was movies. ill wait for the next major version Smile
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
New release will be up tomorrow.

Be warned though, I am expecting a few bugs as there have been no volunteers to test it.

I have added an automatic updater though, which means (if it works correctly...) that any bugs that are found can be corrected faster and easier.

-Josh
renameIT version 1.1.0 is now available.
Try it out and let me know what you think.

If you find any problems let me know and Ill try and sort them ASAP.
Hopefully the new update system should make fixing any issues a breeze.

Download Link:
Download from here

-Josh
only thing im missing is the ability to edit the title before renaming like therenamer allows.
but its been working great with my movies now that my bug been fixed.

thanks for your hard work
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
(2013-05-24, 07:26)Furby8704 Wrote: only thing im missing is the ability to edit the title before renaming like therenamer allows.
but its been working great with my movies now that my bug been fixed.

thanks for your hard work

What do you mean by "edit the title"? Let me know and I'll look at adding it asap.
GREAT JOB ON THIS APP. It has what the others are missing, and isn't bloated with weird and unnecessary stuff. THANKS!

Watch Folders is a key feature for me, but it doesn't seem to work. My interval is 1 minute but it never processes the watched folder.

Running OSX 10.7.5
(2013-06-01, 02:29)fogcity Wrote: GREAT JOB ON THIS APP. It has what the others are missing, and isn't bloated with weird and unnecessary stuff. THANKS!

Watch Folders is a key feature for me, but it doesn't seem to work. My interval is 1 minute but it never processes the watched folder.

Running OSX 10.7.5

I will look into this later today.

In the meantime, there is a known bug where renameIT will see files as "in use" if their containing folder is open in Finder. I am working on a way around this but it could be what is causing your issue.
Is anyone else having issues with the Watch Folder feature?

If you are, please let me know ASAP so I can try and get to the bottom of it.
not sure how but the app crashed few days ago when moving my file and delete it in the process lol
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
I have a question... Is there a way to create symlinks and rename? It would be amazing if I could take a file, have renameIT rename the file, but create a new file that just links to the original name file. Essentially I would end up with:
1. My original file (untouched and not renamed)
2. A new file that is a renamed version of my original, but is a symlink to the original file (Can XBMC open these types of files??)

Not sure if I'm explaining this well enough or if it can be implemented... Anyway, you did a great job with this program and thank you for making this Joshgaby!
great app! only problem I have it crashes when it's done w renaming... OSX 10.7.5. anyone w same?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]2