12.1 to 12.2 Update Lost settings
Just installed 12.2 over the top of 12.1 and I've lost all my settings for the skin and the Video / Audio setup.

Anyone else found the same thing and is there a way to get the setting back? going to be a pain going through aeon nox again getting the screen setup how I like Sad
It's a bit too late now but always remember to back up your settings, even when doing minor upgrades.

In the mean time, have you tried installing 12.1 again to see if the settings are still there?
Something like that shouldn't happen. Please give us more details so we can learn what happened here. What OS were you using? What hardware? Before you start making corrections and rebuilding your settings, make a copy of the way your userdata folder is now so that it can be looked at (if a dev thinks it would be useful). The more information, the better.
cheers guys for the reply.

Sorry Ned already re-entered the settings Sad

But heres some info
Hardware: I7 950 @ 4.02
Ram: 12 gig

When doing the update it:
1) Reset my skin from Aeon Nox back to the default
2) Reverted my audio settings so it was using analog instead of optical, same with the audio device (this had been reset)
3) Reverted the video display option (I had xbmc opening on window 2 full screen) this had been reverted back to window 1
4) When switching back to Aeon Nox
4,1) The layout had been reset i.e. Menu options like 'features etc were all visible again after i'd disabled them
4.2) The Background settings had been reset (I original had it picking random movies and episodes)

The only thing it seemed to have saved about Aeon Nox was the layout when going into Movies / Tv episodes i.e. using the tri option insted of the list

hope that helps
I think I've had the same exact issue a few times after closing XBMC with killall -s1 xbmc.bin. I hate the fact that XBMC takes a while to close (and it never closes if it gets stuck for whatever reason), that's why I've been using the -s1 switch. Perhaps you closed XBMC forcefully before upgrading?
yes, I've lost settings if XBMC gets hung, and I need to use a kill -9 on it. AEON NOX seems to be alot more wear and tear on XBMC and I seem to get stuck quite a bit

I always save my settings for just that reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.1 to 12.2 Update Lost settings0