Solved No sound and accelerated video speed
Hello,

Three days ago everything was ok and yesterday when I tried to watch a movie strange problem occured. When I'm trying to play movie with HD sound (DTS, DD, AC5.1 using passthrough (HDMI output, default (PulseAudio) there is no sound and video is playing much too fast. I need to change audio output from HDMI to ANALOG to hear the sound and watch video with proper speed.

When playing movies with MP3 sound is OK.

here is my xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/Sv86WGJV

I had XBMC 12.1, today I updated to 12.2 but it doesn't help. I also removed XBMC and video drivers (Nvidia 304.84) and installed it once again, but with no luck.

Where can be the problem? Any solution or advice?
Code:
20:10:05 T:2600409920   ERROR: PulseAudio: Waited for the stream but it failed

Your sound setup is borked.

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins
sudo reboot
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Disable all the passthrough settings, since your connected equipment does NOT support it.
(2013-05-11, 21:23)uNiversal Wrote: Disable all the passthrough settings, since your connected equipment does NOT support it.

my AV receiver Onkyo TX-SR307 support those decoders, so the problem is somwhere else.

fritsch

after removing pulseaudio and libasound2-plugins packages video plays with proper framerate, but of course there is no sound. Reinstalling pulseaudio and libasound2-plugins bring me to start point - with no sound and fast-forward looking video Sad
Keep them removed.

and pastebin a xbmc.log - you also have to change the Audio Settings when pulse is purged.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
here is my xbmc.log with debug option on:

sound is playing and video is normal.
So all fine, despite the log missing? :-) - set the topic to solved or to workarounded
my... something go wrong with pastebin

http://pastebin.com/tfbeRzsN

a problem is half way solved. XBMC is working fine now but I don't have pulseaudio and I don't know the cause of problem.

fritsch

thanks for your help
You don't have pulseaudio because:

1. you removed it
2. You don't want it on a media pc and
3. it doesn't work well with xbmc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr: thx :-)
gimme a plus!

actually it is tricky if you want to run xbmc on a desktop machine as opposed to a dedicated htpc Sad
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-12, 10:55)nickr Wrote: You don't have pulseaudio because:

1. you removed it
2. You don't want it on a media pc and
3. it doesn't work well with xbmc.

THAT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING ALL DAY Smile
Thank you.

BTW, I installed pulseaudio along with Kdenlive, because I wanted to edit some videos and I had no clue that it is behaving that bad Smile Now I know. After full removal of pulseaudio it is back to normal.
Thanks from me too.

I installed pulseaudio because vlc was told to be able to to SPDIF-pass through with the help of pulseaudio. But it didn't help vlc and screw up playback in xbmc just the way described here. Deinstallation of pulseaudio and relogin solved the problem here too.
A +2 off me sir,
I've been struggling to get sound from mkv files for quite a while,Im not too sure if it was a distro upgrade or a XBMC upgrade that removed the Audio Output Device as Alsa,
After a quick flick through the settings Alsa is still not present, Im using Output-Xonar DG S/PDIF and Passthrough as the same to a Yamaha DSP-AX640SE and now the MKV files are outputting 5:1 sound fine.Its getting a bit late and my homemade apple wine is kicking in fine style,so for now I'll leave it as that with no further testing as things are getting blurred.
Out of interest the amp is 6:1, why is that not supported within XBMC's settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound and accelerated video speed0