Can't write xbmc.log file, permissions seem to be correct
Hi,

I previously had a problem with starting up XMBC and writing a log file. Thread was here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161050

Turned out my ATV was knackered, I couldn't do anything with it. So I restored to the latest official firmware today (6.1.3 I believe?), downgraded with tiny umbrella and re-jailbroke. All seemed well, I copied back over my preferences etc, and played some videos. A couple of plugins didn't work, so I enabled debugging to try and see what was going on. Did so, but there was no xbmc.log. Thought there might be some legacy weirdness in my old preferences, so I uninstalled XBMC, deleted the folder and reinstalled. Went straight to debugging, turned it on, rebooted, but still no xbmc.log file. I've installed syslog and got a log from it:

http://pastebin.com/eiLpb2Ah

A lot of "Attempting to purge asset", not sure if that's significant. The ATV did attempt to update before I got xbmc installed, but I cancelled it. Maybe something to do with that?

I've checked many times the permissions, it's all set as mobile as the directory owner, i've done the chown command just in case, but no joy. When i'm logged in through WinSCP as root, I can't create a new file in that directory, but I can create a new directory there. Very odd. Here's the info on the ATV:

AppleTV2:
Darwin Apple-TV 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Sun Aug 19 (not sure how to get the rest of that)

OS version: 6.0 (10A406e)
S/W version: 5.1 (5201)

XBMC 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e (Compiled : May 2 2013)

Any ideas? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot it? Thanks!
very ood. Has me stumped. Sorry man :\
disk full?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, I should have said I checked that as well, and it's fine I think:

Code:
Apple-TV:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC root# df -k
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1          602872    521688     75160  88% /
devfs                       27        27         0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2         7179528    752840   6426688  11% /private/var

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't write xbmc.log file, permissions seem to be correct0