XBMC does not see computer with SMB Shares (Solved)
I ran into this problem yesterday after experiencing issues with internet connectivity, neither one of my xbmc machines see my computer with smb shares (I am running crystalbuntu and windows xbmc) I have tired killing off all my shares and re sharing them to no avail. If I try to point to them through the ip address where the shares are located it times out when trying to connect. I hope I have provided enough information to get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Debug Log?

Are you using XBMC as the shell or have a wireless adapter, by chance?
ive got a wireless adapter on the computer that my media is stored on, everything else is hard wired, will post a log shortly (I should have known better)
Heres the log file, but Im not sure it will show anything useful im gonna play a hunch and say my network is fubar'ed somehow. Just not really sure where to start.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=19171
(2013-05-15, 06:29)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: Heres the log file, but Im not sure it will show anything useful im gonna play a hunch and say my network is fubar'ed somehow. Just not really sure where to start.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=19171

Figured that I would add all my media is on a windows eight PC, xbmc is on seven and for whatever reason they cannot see one another over the network, as far as I can tell both pcs are on the same workgroup and the home group is disabled on both machines
somehow I managed to solve my issue not really sure what did it, I ended up resetting my router, either way its fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not see computer with SMB Shares (Solved)0