Req [UK ONLY] BT Sport Addon
Hi,
as a lot of people know, on August the 1st BT will be releasing their new sport channels; BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN. BT customers will be able to watch these channels from their Vision+ box, Sky box, Youview if you have BT infinity, and also online through the web or apps. Now as some customers dont have any of the TV subscriptions or BT infinity, they'll only be able to watch those channels online.

If it's possible, are there any developers out there who are interested in making a BT Sport addon when it comes out?

(I have posted this in the right area, right?)
+1
might be worth also having NOW TV plugin as well?
This would be great
+1
would love it before the soccer starts
+2
+1
(2013-06-05, 11:00)costas Wrote: +1
would love it before the soccer starts

Soccer !!!!!! it's called football.
Just tested it and it uses Silverlight, so that may prove tricky
The is also an Android app, so maybe that can be used as a basis for an xbmc addon
From BT on other apps
Quote:The BT Sport App will only be available on supported Apple and Android smartphones and tablets at launch time. But we’ll keep a close eye on the fast-moving tablet, smartphone, Smart TV and console markets, and consider providing the app for other devices that become really popular.
You can access btsport.com on a Smart TV’s browser, but you’ll need the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to access any premium video content.
(2013-08-05, 14:32)NeoGeo Wrote: The is also an Android app, so maybe that can be used as a basis for an xbmc addon

This is what I thought so did a quick packet capture while using the mobile app and have found the listings.

http://api-search.sport.bt.com/search/sp...ate%20desc

You should be able to parse these into an add-on, I have no idea how you would handle the authentication or streaming of the files as they seem to be formatted for mobile.

The other URLs that seem to be used by the app are

btodhdhlslive-lh.akamaihd.net
btisportapplive.112.2o7.net
assets.sport.bt.com

The other part that could be quite difficult is authenticating with the DRM on the files. Im hoping that a kind dev could help us out here.
HTPC
XBMC v12 RC3 with myth TV backend || AMD Sempron 145 || 1gb DDR3 || ECS MCP61M-M3 Version 3 ( no core unlocker) || TBS6981 DVB-S2 tuner || ATI Radeon HD 5450 || 32gb Crucial SSD

NAS
IB-NAS4220-B HW revision 1.2 || 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1 || Open WRT firmware.
(2013-08-17, 16:50)warrmr Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 14:32)NeoGeo Wrote: The is also an Android app, so maybe that can be used as a basis for an xbmc addon

This is what I thought so did a quick packet capture while using the mobile app and have found the listings.

http://api-search.sport.bt.com/search/sp...ate%20desc

You should be able to parse these into an add-on, I have no idea how you would handle the authentication or streaming of the files as they seem to be formatted for mobile.

The other URLs that seem to be used by the app are

btodhdhlslive-lh.akamaihd.net
btisportapplive.112.2o7.net
assets.sport.bt.com

The other part that could be quite difficult is authenticating with the DRM on the files. Im hoping that a kind dev could help us out here.

We're going to need a LOT more than that....

Wireshark is the best way to go - need to capture asking for the manifests, and then parsing the info through to starting the video.

And it depends what they've done with the HLS - if that is all DRM-ed, not a snowball's chance.

But, never, say never.
plays here
http://www.superusvoxtv.com/index.php/sp...ls/espn-uk
did anyone ever get anywhere with this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UK ONLY] BT Sport Addon0