XBMC slow to load movies
Hi,

I've been using XBMC for about a month now, and started having issues about two weeks ago (possibly coinciding with me increasing the library gradually).

Whenever I try to open a full length movie, it takes a solid 4-5 minutes at least before it starts playing. Once it gets going, there are no dramas - playback is smooth. It's just that initial hurdle to get it going.

This only applies to movie files, regardless of size/resolution. GeneralIy play a TV show (even in HD), there are no issues. Shows load and play as expected.

I use a dedicated HTPC that connects to my TV via HDMI. The media is stored on a NAS, which connects to my router which connects to the HTPC (all wired). The HTPC is fairly modern (i7/SSD/16gb ram/HD7700 graphics card).

I've tried playing around with video acceleration settings with no luck. My googling hasn't found any other potential solution and I'm at a loss as to what is causing this.

Any help is appreciated.
Pezza,

I can only guess with the info you provide here, but my guess would be an add on is doing something, or there is a network issue. My first suggestion is to post a log file. That would give more facts for investigation.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

My second suggestion is to check out your power saving options and make sure your network card and such is not going to sleep and check the same on the NAS. However, 4-5 minutes seems way to long even for that. Post up a log and I am sure some folks might be able to help, but there is not much to go on with the info you have posted.
Thanks Diggs. As far as I am aware I haven't installed any extra add-ons. I have checked power saving options and there are no issues there. Here is the log. For reference, at 12:09.00 I opened XMBC; at 12:09.12 I opened the movie; at 12:13.34 the movie started and I closed XBMC immediately.

Log
The only thing that pops up is this:

Code:
12:09:09 T:4800   ERROR: ffmpeg[12C0]: [IMGUTILS] Picture size 1280x41985904 is invalid

Are you trying to test with the same movie file each time?
I've tried different files, but for that log it was only the one file, once.
I have a similar problem but only with a handful of movies.

I have 314 movies in .iso format - most play instantly and smooth but there are about 10 movies that take 2-3 mins to start (and always the same movies)

Can't see why
Sorry to bring this up again, but was there a solution for this, im having the same issue right now, it wont play any movies regardless of size of the file. TV shows are ok, even large HD files. Used to work fine before and i havent done any major changes to my HTPC.
The movies are stored on a local drive no network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC slow to load movies0