[REQUEST] USTVnow as a backend
I was wondering if anyone had put any work into adapting the USTVnow video add-on into a virtual backend for PVR.

I think that it would be relatively easy for someone who know what they're doing.
Are you suggesting downloading and storing for later viewing? Do they allow that?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ustvnow has a pvr functionality with their premium package.
I'm mostly looking to integrate the streams from USTVnow (free or paid) into the XBMC Live TV functionality at this point.

Due to the fact that a generated stream URL from them is only valid for less than a day it can't be integrated into IPTV-Simple. But if someone could write a backend based on IPTV-Simple that generated a new stream URL every time that the user requested a channel then it would work perfectly I imagine.

Actual recording functionality could theoretically be added later perhaps by either dumping the stream or, ideally, accessing the recordings you make through USTVnow's official recording functionality.

I unfortunately have no experience writing add-ons or backends so I can't do it myself. Sad
Why do you need it in livetv when there is an existing plugin?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think it would be convenient and would be good for integration?

It would be nice to see the USTVnow channels alongside my OTA channels and other online streams in my guide.
Still any solution for this? I need this kind of setup too.
what is wrong with just using the addon?
Pseudo TV Live can do all that plus more you might want to check it out.
It is GREAT.
(2015-03-03, 20:55)nickr Wrote: what is wrong with just using the addon?

Channels are not unified that way with my local channels. It doesn't "just work", takes too many extra steps just to watch ABC.
This is the same issue with FilmOn addon. I see that there is now a backend, but many people can't get it working.
Totally doable with IPTV Simple Client addon and modifying this script: http://deanvaughan.org/wordpress/2014/06...generator/

I posted about it some months ago, and had it running on my Windows machine. Main problem was that the addon cached the playlist on startup, so that any time the links were changed, Kodi had to be killed/restarted. The links changed once a day.

Alternative would be something like https://github.com/Jalle19/node-ffmpeg-mpegts-proxy or a VLC VOD server or something of that sort, that allows your playlist links to remain the same. I've tried the latter, and it worked well enough too.

But really none of those are ideal, and an addon would be fantastic
I think both the USTVnow and FilmOn should get their respective working PVR addons, though I have no experience in coding. :/
I agree. I think every live stream addon out there (including USTVnow, FilmOn, CBSN, NASA TV, etc.) should have a PVR addon equivalent. I hate having to jump back and forth between my Live TV section for my antenna channels, and all the various addons just to switch channels. And no, I don't want a Pseudo-TV-like addon when the Live TV functionality is (in my opinion) better.
Maybe this can help you
https://github.com/esxbr/ustvnow-m3u-server/
USTVNow is a great idea, I do use the addon, but since they change streams so often there had to be a program to figure it out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] USTVnow as a backend0