downgrading frodo to eden [SOLVED]
ATV2 running 5.2.1 (seas0npass)

Ok folks so i tried this all evening now and i am really frustrated. I followed the instructions that someone posted on xbmchub and the ones here in this forum and XCTechs tutorial on youtube, they're all pretty much the same.

no matter what i do i cant get eden to appear on the gui.

if i do a fresh manual install from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb i end up with lots of dependency issues. i tried installing frodo then removing it and then run the above but again its not working.

has anyone done this successfully? i see a lot of posts and people responding but nothing that would help so far...

i'd really appreciate some help. frodo is just not running smooth enough for me. plus if i watch a movie at night, turn the tv off and the come back in the morning the box is not reponding anymore.
Not entirely sure what your main issue with Eden is. Do you mean that the XBMC-icon doesn't appear in the gui after a reboot?

As for dependency-issues... do they relate to your plugins? If so: I had the same issue after downgrading back to Eden on an ATV2. I solved it by deleting the plugins db and all plugin-related settings from the userdata-forlder, then reboot.
The standard Eden build does not work with 5.2.1. I think Memphiz did a special one, but i'm not at home so you have to do the searching yourself Wink

Found a decent WiFi connection: Here it is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135584&page=6
oh man i didnt know that the standard eden release doesnt work.

Ferdi-T: yeah its just not popping up.

Eliah: Awesome! i'll try it and report back

Thank you guys!
it works. thank you Eliah for telling me what to do.

i know its not ideal but this release works a lot better for me so i really appreciate the help.

edit:

i even got the pm3.hd skin to work. everything is back to normal. i am soooo relieved, THANK YOU again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
downgrading frodo to eden [SOLVED]0