Remove "Get More..." Option
Please could someone help me remove "Get More..." option so my family cannot install addons, also I have disabled "System" from Home.xml so they cannot install addons from there.

I have tried looking through all the xml's in the confluence skin cannot find anything to remove this option.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Settings > system > Master Lock > Master lock code and settings > (Choose a password type) > Lock Add-on manager.

The "Get more..." option will still be visible, but it will prompt for a password. So they can't install anything.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Hi MassIV

I have done this but the kids just cant stop playing "guess the password" instead of using xbmc for its purpose.

Is there a way to remove it from xml or source as I have been editing most of the UI to make it look very simple and clean, so kids can only click on video addons that I have installed only.

Thank you!
Remove all the home entry's (like 'Programs") that you don't want your family to use by editing the Home.xml and add there only those that you want including the addons that your family is using.

Here is the code for Programs addons (Global Search addon for example)
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
   <
label>addon name or a desirable name</label>
   <
onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.globalsearch)</onclick>
   <
thumb>-</thumb>
   <
icon>-</icon>
</
item

Here is the code for Video addons (The Trailers addon for example)
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
   <
   <
onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/,return)</onclick>

<thumb>-</thumb>
   <
icon>-</icon>
</
item

IMHO the best way to do this, is to tell your kids to stop messing around with things that they are not supposed to.

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-06-13, 21:17)nessus Wrote: Remove all the home entry's (like 'Programs") that you don't want your family to use by editing the Home.xml and add there only those that you want including the addons that your family is using.

Here is the code for Programs addons (Global Search addon for example)
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
   <
   <
onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.globalsearch)</onclick>
   <
thumb>-</thumb>
   <
icon>-</icon>
</
item

Here is the code for Video addons (The Trailers addon for example)
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
   <
   <
onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/,return)</onclick>

<thumb>-</thumb>
   <
icon>-</icon>
</
item

IMHO the best way to do this, is to tell your kids to stop messing around with things that they are not supposed to.

Cheers
Nessus

Hi Nessus

Thanks for you reply, I am not very good with coding I just read through the forums to add and remove things.

I couldn't understand what you mean, buy adding the code in Home.xml with my addons do you mean to show them only on the home screen.

I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't try telling my kids with no effect.
(2013-06-16, 02:24)coolstud Wrote: I couldn't understand what you mean, buy adding the code in Home.xml with my addons do you mean to show them only on the home screen.
Yes. Everything that you want your family to use, it will be accessible only from Home menu.
If you don't know how to do this, post here your Home.xml and what entry's you want (Movies, TVShows etc, including the addons) and I will modify it for you.

Cheers
Nessus
A patch which removes the "Get more..." items based on inability to install under the profile would be considered I think. You'd need to see xbmc/filesystem/AddonsDirectory.cpp I think, and check the profile or master user as is done when you attempt to click on it (see xbmc/addons/AddonInstaller.cpp)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-06-18, 01:28)nessus Wrote:
(2013-06-16, 02:24)coolstud Wrote: I couldn't understand what you mean, buy adding the code in Home.xml with my addons do you mean to show them only on the home screen.
Yes. Everything that you want your family to use, it will be accessible only from Home menu.
If you don't know how to do this, post here your Home.xml and what entry's you want (Movies, TVShows etc, including the addons) and I will modify it for you.

Cheers
Nessus

I have added screenshots below with my editing and also my Home.xml, because I am not sure how you will be able to fit all the addons on the home menu.

Would like to try what you suggested but I don't have that much experience to edit the whole Home.xml file, would appreciate it if you can edit Home.xml to show what you mean.

Also when my xbmc starts it gos' straight to videos addon page, thats why I just want to remove "Get More..." only.

Click this link for my Home.xml

Thanks Nessus

(2013-06-18, 02:14)jmarshall Wrote: A patch which removes the "Get more..." items based on inability to install under the profile would be considered I think. You'd need to see xbmc/filesystem/AddonsDirectory.cpp I think, and check the profile or master user as is done when you attempt to click on it (see xbmc/addons/AddonInstaller.cpp)

Hi jmarshall

I am using windows where would I find those files.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove "Get More..." Option0