New D2550/Nvidia GT610 mini-ITX build
A few weeks ago I received a new very small PC case that is only 44mm (1 3/4") tall. It is specially designed for a Atom D2550 / Nvidia GT610 motherboard that is perfect for OpenELEC. It was extremely easy to put together since the case is designed specifically for the motherboard. The motherboard has a SATA port, mSATA slot and mini PCI-e slot for a wireless card if needed. It's amazing how small it is. It runs OpenELEC beautifully, having the Nvidia GT610 on-board. It can bitstream HD audio and plays all the formats I tried. I used a USB stick and 2GB RAM.

Specs:
Material: Black powder-coater aluminum (3.5mm)
Dimensions: 200*44*225 mm (W*H*D)
HDD: Up to 1 x 2.5" HDD + 1 x mSATA
CPU: Atom dual-core D2550 1.86Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GT610
Memory: 2 x DDR3 SO-DIMM (Up to 8GB)
A/V: HDMI, VGA, mic in, headphone out
USB: 2 x USB2.0 (rear)
LAN: 10/100/1000 RJ45
Power: 12V in (2.5mm x 5.5mm)

Pictures:
Not a lot bigger than a DVD case

Excellent fan control makes this ultra-silent. All kinds of interesting connections on this motherboard.

Lots of ventilation and nice looking aluminum.

Fits perfectly in the specially designed case; has on-board power, HDMI, LAN and a couple of USB ports perfect for a little streamer box.
Looks great !!!!!.........

(i hope you can fit an SSD inside Smile )...

and the name of the case is...........
and the price is........

Big Grin
(2013-06-10, 23:08)solamnic Wrote: Looks great !!!!!.........

(i hope you can fit an SSD inside Smile )...

and the name of the case is...........
and the price is........

Big Grin

SSD: Yes, 1 x 2.5" HDD/SDD + 1 x mSATA SSD will fit (there's a mounting bracket for the 2.5" device not shown)
Name: Realan E-Q3i
Price: TBD

This particular one is going in the kids' playroom since their similar but E-350 system died. I do have a few more since like anything you import you have to buy them in carton-sized lots. *sigh*
Looks like a very promising build. I'm in the market to build a new HTPC shortly here. Might have to keep an eye on this thread.
That looks very nice indeed.
What would be the best way to power it off/on via remote?
I can't see a IR-window or CIR-pin.
These motherboards don't have CIR. I've only found the Intel, ASRock and some ECS motherboards have CIR. For IR you can use USB.
(2013-06-11, 06:15)solidsatras Wrote: What would be the best way to power it off/on via remote?

SIMEREC.COM's PCS-1 or PCS-2 Universal IR Remote Switch
Ok, here's the link to the new barebones.

I think we can go smaller though...

Only 5 1/2" wide and it has an i5-3317U or Celeron 857 in it. I am trying really hard to get a hold of these Big Grin. We don't need no NUC Wink
(2013-06-10, 19:29)Dougie Fresh Wrote: A few weeks ago I received a new very small PC case that is only 44mm (1 3/4") tall. It is specially designed for a Atom D2550 / Nvidia GT610 motherboard that is perfect for OpenELEC. It was extremely easy to put together since the case is designed specifically for the motherboard. The motherboard has a SATA port, mSATA slot and mini PCI-e slot for a wireless card if needed. It's amazing how small it is. It runs OpenELEC beautifully, having the Nvidia GT610 on-board. It can bitstream HD audio and plays all the formats I tried. I used a USB stick and 2GB RAM.

Specs:
Material: Black powder-coater aluminum (3.5mm)
Dimensions: 200*44*225 mm (W*H*D)
HDD: Up to 1 x 2.5" HDD + 1 x mSATA
CPU: Atom dual-core D2550 1.86Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GT610
Memory: 2 x DDR3 SO-DIMM (Up to 8GB)
A/V: HDMI, VGA, mic in, headphone out
USB: 2 x USB2.0 (rear)
LAN: 10/100/1000 RJ45
Power: 12V in (2.5mm x 5.5mm)

Pictures:
Not a lot bigger than a DVD case

Excellent fan control makes this ultra-silent. All kinds of interesting connections on this motherboard.

Lots of ventilation and nice looking aluminum.

Fits perfectly in the specially designed case; has on-board power, HDMI, LAN and a couple of USB ports perfect for a little streamer box.

Thanks for the info! How does the menu run with this gear?

What about this one? Small enough? (Size 7.56" x 5.81 " x 1.02", 190 x 149 x 26 mm)

Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
really small o.O
The funny thing is my build, the "Small enough?" build and the even smaller nano-ITX build -- the motherboards all come from Giada. Big Grin Newegg used to sell Giada motherboard but they don't any longer. They've got some really, really great stuff.

I thought everything ran great on OpenELEC and Windows (except Netflix of course). The spec is the same as the Zotac ID84 except IMHO the build quality is better.
its true, i noticed newegg missing GIADA stuff,
even my GURU here, named PoofyHairGuy, liked GIADA stuff.
You can find some Giada motherboards here for DIY and they provide good service:

http://www.macmall.com/p/Giada-Motherboa...dp.iadcjaj
http://www.macmall.com/p/Giada-Motherboa...dp.iadcjbd

To get the the D2550/GT610 motherboards and the i3-3217U/HD4000 motherboards I had to sign up with Giada.

(2013-06-12, 00:36)p750mmx Wrote: What about this one? Small enough? (Size 7.56" x 5.81 " x 1.02", 190 x 149 x 26 mm)

I think that one is available for sale here: http://www.macmall.com/p/Giada-Desktop-C...dp.iadcjbb
That is not the one, I've shown a picture of the i53B barebone with an Intel Core i3 3217U.

I've been looking for a possibility to play Full HD 3D video with a low powered machine and then I came across this fellow.
I looked for the same same spec's that an Intel NUC i3 has, but with more interfaces on it (more USB) because the Intel misses out on that in my opinion.
So this one was buy-able from the end of may so I've got me one to play with.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New D2550/Nvidia GT610 mini-ITX build0