Choosing TV to use with XBMC proving harder than expected...
Hi all. I know this isn't a XBMC hardware issue "per se" but seeing as how the whole point is to be able to use it to watch via XBMC, and considering the experts that frequent these forums, and the fact I am having a really bad time trying to settle on a TV, I was hoping the community could pitch in and help out with recommendations. The issue isn't as much choosing a TV as it is finding one that meets the desired requirements.

Right now I have a 21" monitor hooked up to an external TV capture device (Genius TVGO-A31 tuner). To this, I hook up my notebook from it's VGA out to the TVG's VGA in, essentially feeding my PC signal to the monitor via the tuner. This is too much a hassle and was hoping to change all that.
For starters, this TV is intended to be setup in a bedroom and used primarily at night. So brightness shouldn't be much of an issue which narrows it down to LED for me. But I have limited space so I was hoping to find a good 26 incher although I could make a compromise and go up to 32. Smart TV is optional but would be a great added bonus, but I am considering an external android based Smart TV solution (PC on a stick or whatnot) to run XBMC. Probably some Exoon solution (see http://www.xbmcandroidtv.com/). Smart TV would probably only be used in case I can't access the android box or something really fast so I don't have to power on the box. Also, if it does have Smart TV I'd love to have either Ethernet or WiFi. The TV is used mostly to watch series and movies I store on my PC in the office and stream to the notebook right now, with light TV viewing. FullHD is a must. At least 2 HDMI and 2 USB ports (HDMI 1 for service provider Set Top box and HDMI 2 for Android on a Stick solution; USB 1 for Android on a Stick power supply and USB 2 for whatever I plug in to watch off thumb drive). Also, the slimmer, the better.

As you can see, it's quite a bit. Not having all that much luck. Was hoping someone out there knows of and could recommend something with decent image quality and as many of these requirements as possible.

Hope someone can help out. Thanks in advance!
Ask, and you shall receive:

This one looks right up your alley: Samsung UN32EH5300 32-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED HDTV. It's 32 inches 1080p LED, 3 HDMI, and 2 USB ports, a Smart HDTV, WiFi built-in, web browser,......and super reasonable at $348.00
(2013-06-11, 15:15)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Ask, and you shall receive:

This one looks right up your alley: Samsung UN32EH5300 32-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED HDTV. It's 32 inches 1080p LED, 3 HDMI, and 2 USB ports, a Smart HDTV, WiFi built-in, web browser,......and super reasonable at $348.00

Thanks for the feedback. I have this one under consideration at this point. Was just a bit put off because it's almost 4 inches deep. Not a deal breaker though, so most def a contender.
so the tv itself could be the problem with not playing the live xbmc streams? I can't get the xbmc live tv only streams to play for it.............is there a special trick? or could it be the refresh rate on tv or something simple?
(2013-06-11, 16:12)airart1 Wrote: so the tv itself could be the problem with not playing the live xbmc streams? I can't get the xbmc live tv only streams to play for it.............is there a special trick? or could it be the refresh rate on tv or something simple?

I assume you're on the wrong thread.
I would be a little careful about the android on a stick approach. Most of the sticks have no hardwired ethernet port, so you are relegated to wireless, not recommended for HD streaming.
i have no problems streaming 1080P from the internet via WiFi on the uHOST2 android stick.
Vizio is my favorite TV brand right now. Excellent bang-for-your-buck and quality. If money is no issue, Samsung will probably have a better display.
(2013-06-12, 06:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Vizio is my favorite TV brand right now. Excellent bang-for-your-buck and quality. If money is no issue, Samsung will probably have a better display.

Check the recently announced m-series. Super slim, smart and hdmi ports galore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choosing TV to use with XBMC proving harder than expected...0