Android CloudnetGO CR9 / CR9S Questions
Hello there,

I was like many others around here searching for a mini Android Stick based XBMC.

So I searched the web and found the CloudnetGo CR9S / CR9 it's one of the first Quadcore Stick Android Systems.

Here are the Specs:
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

Main Chip:
Quad Core RK3188 / Cortex-A9 up to 1.8GHz / Quad Core GPU Mali400

Memory:
2GB DDR3 (actual available memory is slightly less due to reserved memory)

Storage:
8GB (2GB used by system)

Network:
Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth

Expand Memory:
SD/MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41)

IO/Ports:
Micro 5pin USB/ USB2.0 data transfer/ OTG and host expand

Keyboard:
Support virtual keyboard, support 2.4G wireless keyboard, fly mouse

Audio:
MP3/WMA/WMV/APE/OGG/FLAC/AAC/etc…

Video:
AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/WEBM/DAT(VCD format)/
VOB(DVD format)/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/etc…

Video/Audio Output:
HDMI™ 1.4a, Full HD 1080p, 3D movie file format supported

Power Input:
DC 5V, 2A adapter included

Normaly I'm not the first to try to make such things work. So I searched this Forum for CloudnetGo and Found... nothing. SO there are two possibilities:

1. I searched the wrong thing.... In this case please tell me what to search instead.

2. There isn't anything about the CloudnetGo CR9 / CR9s till now. In this case I'm asking if anybody tried it allready with a current version of XBMC and can tell me whats workin and what's not.

The Core things I need working are:

Fluent Interface (I think there will be no prob due to Quad Core)
1080p playback....
DTS Sound via HDMI 4 my Denon.
Maybe a guide or link to a guide to remove the bottom bar so it looks like a real HTPC ^^. edit: Found Answer here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_for_Android under 2.3.

So thats it 4 now. I hope to find someone or a few chosen one who also had their eyes on this device to share knowledge about it.
Rockchip based which means bugs in libstagefright unless those have been fixed.

If your looking for a stick that Gamestick device might be the one, it's Amlogic based and supported by Pivos who develop the Amlogic branch of XBMC which is the most stable version. Should also have DTS audio pass-through though you might want to confirm with gamestick guys.

You can buy generic Amlogic sticks out there but you are on your own and they aren't official supported by Pivos.

If your looking for something that simply runs XBMC the best I'd wait a bit more, Amlogic have announced quad core M8 chips with the newer Mali 6xx generation GPU.
Ok,

first of all thank you for your answer.

So I read a little bit about libstagefright and the bugs wich are there. But there was 1 thing I didn't really found. How far are we from a working solution?

I'm asking becaus GameStick isn't adv. in Germany right now. Currently I'm just looking 4 that AMLogic device. Maybe this one is a burner.
Or take the Mygica ATV120. Dualcore Amlogic too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CloudnetGO CR9 / CR9S Questions0