Openelec freezing issue.
Thanks for the info nabz but I have OE installed on the hard drive.

@ kreeturez glad to hear it worked for you on rPi....

Does anyone know the command to suspend OE? I would like to program one of the remote buttons to suspend my machine but I been looking all over and can not find how to write the command.
pm-suspend
I tired doing this to put my machine to sleep but it didn't work..

/storage/.config/.lircrc

Code:
# sleep
begin
    button = KEY_GREEN
    prog = irexec
    config = /storage/.config/sleep.sh
end

/storage/.config/sleep.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh

pm-suspend
What happens if you run pm-suspend from a terminal? Also are you trying to suspend a RPI?
No I have a zotac. When i run pm-suspend from the terminal it works my machine goes into sleep mode.

This is how my .lircrc file looks.

Code:
# restart xbmc
begin
    button = KEY_RED
    prog = irexec
    config = /bin/killall -9 xbmc.bin &
end

# sleep
begin
    button = KEY_GREEN
    prog = irexec
    config = /storage/.config/sleep.sh
end
Can you run sleep.sh from terminal? Maybe its not executable, run

chmod +x sleep.sh

Also why not put pm-suspend in .lircrc instead of the script?
You were right it was not executable. After running chmod +x sleep.sh from the terminal my button now works. Thank you teeedubb.

Now that it is a executable will that change when openelec updates? Will have to pro form that command every time openelec updates?
Nah it'll be fine, OE updates don't touch the things that are writable by the user, eg /storage/
teeedubb is there a way i could add the kill all command to the sleep.sh file? Would this be the correct way of writing the code?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#killall -9 xbmc.bin

sync
pm-suspend
You need to remove the hash from in front of killall and I would run the killall command after pm-suspend - killing xbmc before suspending has given me problems before. Probably better to use a resume hook to kill xbmc though, there's an example of a resume hook on the first page.
would this be correct?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

pm-suspend

[ "$1" = "resume" ] && sleep 2 && /usr/bin/irexec -d /storage/.config/.lircrc
No, the resume hook isn't part of sleep.sh, its a separate file, the location where it should be placed is on the first page. Plus on the resume line delete everything after the first && and replace it with killall -9 xbmc
gotcha thanks
My suspend button has been working for about a week and now it stopped. Every time i try to put my machine to sleep using the button on the remote or even when i use suspend by pressing it on xbmc it does work.

When I press it looks like it goes into suspend for about a second but then it turns right back on. Has this happened to anyone before?
Hey all, not sure what to put as button with the following irw return:

184 0 KEY_TEXT devinput
184 0 KEY_TEXT_UP devinput

This doesn't work:

Code:
begin
        button = KEY_TEXT
        button = KEY_TEXT_UP
        prog = irexec
end

Neither does this:

Code:
begin
        button = KEY_TEXT
        prog = irexec
end

Sorry if this is a simple fix, I'm still learning and trying to soak all this info in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec freezing issue.1