• 56(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
Hey toyota12303 how do i use the controller shutdown service?

NVM just had to dl the new controller map

also how do i bring up the dashboard menu that use to be the charms do i have to enable it in setting if so what key on the gamepad to activate?
ok i added the charms to <button id="10">XBMC.ActivateWindow(55)</button> but if you press the arrows on the kb or the gamepad the snapped video just closes

help please.
Didn't think of that lol lemme give that a shot
Thumbs Up 
....removed
Hello,

I've just tried the last version of your skin, it seems pretty amazing, but after inital setup (with fresh XBMC install) I've a lot of errors from the differents scripts :
TraktTV, Gamertag Extendedinfo youtube, vevo, steam, twitch, Forum browser, bing, XBLFriends

My XBMC.log ->

http://pastebin.com/zqbDqWDE
http://pastebin.com/ra6pdJHc

if someone can help me ?

I've also noticed a few bugs

The names of Artists and tracks are in white with a white background in Music Section

In the Shutdown Menu you can't use your down arrow when you are in "exit" choice for choosing another options

and when you select Pins submenu there no movements to the left from the main section for showing pins (maybe not a bug but a choice you've made ?)

Except this you did an absolutely amazing skin, thank you for your work Big Grin
(2014-04-21, 02:46)toyota12303 Wrote: I have just tested the skin on a different system with a fresh XBMC install (FRODO 12.1) and everything is working fine.

If you have the time, could you also test your skin on a fresh Frodo 12.3 install? I think there is where the problem lies.

By setting the gamertag to default, I could finish setup (still error in xbox.gamertag.py), no more errors in extendedinfo.script when I reinstalled it.

But now I have a new problem: the dashboard takes ages to load and it takes more than 2 minutes to register an input from a controller, keyboard or mouse.

I think the problem lies specifically with the service.skin.widgets script, because the moment I go to settings f.e., everything runs smoothly.

Tried fix and reset system, but didn't help Confused...

Will try today to install it on Frodo 12.1 (and send you a report through the developer menu).
Nope, tried today with a fresh XBMC 12.1 build, but got the same errors.

So to recap:

0) I install the newest version from extendedinfo script
1) I install the skin through the install from zip file option
2) I switch to the skin, setup starts up
3) Before I even get into setup, I get a notification: "script error: xbox.gamertag.py"

4) I get to the gamertag part of the setup, I choose make my own and enter "default".
5) I get thrown back to the gamertag selection screen and get a notification: "script error: xbox.gamertag.py"

6) I select close, than select my gamertag profile pic and click next
7) XBOX One intro video plays
8) XBMC gets stuck on this screen

9) I need to force restart XBMC, when I do, the dashboard does start up, but reacts extremely slowly (2 minutes to register one input like go one tile to the left or something, from keyboard, controller or mouse). I also get a service.skin.widgets error.

When I eventually get to the settings screen, I will send a log :p
@TimoV

Hello,

i have the same problem with the gamertag.py!

but in the other thing I could help you with TeamViewer
Hello toyota12303

The best way is for people to manually install addons,in any case it is not a big deal.Most people already have installed some addons.

Best Regards
@blueshinex :
Hello blueshinex,
Thanks!
And that is because your video settings it isn't set to fill the screen.
If you go in to the video settings and set it to stretch to fill screen then this should fix it.
And yeah i will fix that icon in the next update.

@ADHDMedia :

That's great!

And yeah i will be adding more views soon, but i am not too sure on how i want them to look at the moment. I will start working on the views once i have fixed some of the other problems.
And yeah the pins section still needs fixing and i am working on this next Smile
Hmm that's weird it should only work with a wireless controller. Have you tried running XBMC as administrator ?
Thanks man!

@iAMl3dgend : What do you mean ? the video stops playing when the charms window opens ?

@TH3 G0V3RNMENT : Thanks!
And yeah i will be changing that around soon so that everything is stored in the system folder, and once the adverts script is working properly i will try and get this to store them in a temp folder, and then clean them up when the user shuts down. This way you won't get a folder that will keep getting bigger.
Yeah haha i used to use that skin all the time!
Thanks man! and yeah feel free to make your own mod of this Smile

@kaz0ku : Thanks!
And looking through your log it says that you don't have any of the python modules installed. Which is weird because they come with XBMC when you install it.
It also says that you are running XBMC with restricted rights, have you tried running it as administrator ? Running in restricted rights may stop it from installing some of the dependencies but i'm not sure.
I will also create a zip file containing all of the required modules for you to extract to your addons folder, this may fix it.
As for the music section, that is because you are using the list view and i have only tested it with square, thumbnail, grid, gridepisodes, extendedlist, extendedlist square, i will upload a fix for that some time today.
As for the shut down menu i'm really not sure why you are having that problem as i have never had this before, i will take a look in to it though.
And the pins section when you hover over the tab it doesn't make any movement but when you press the arrow down it will move a little to focus the first pin. There is no other way of doing this at the moment because if i made it move over to the other end then it would focus the wrong pin and go all weird.
I will try and come up for a solution for this though, and in the next update i will be completely changing around the pins.

Thanks! Big Grin

@TimoV :
Yeah i will give that a test in a minute.
I think that there is a problem with your XBMC install somewhere because i had this problem the other day with XBMC.
And what's your system spec ? as the dashboard should load up pretty much instantly.
And have you tried uninstalling the widgets script ?
Also could you send me a copy of your log please ? as i think there could be a problem with some of your modules, but i can't tell without looking at the log.

@TimoV : That's weird, have you tried installning XBMC on a different user account and running it as administrator ?
I had a similar problem and it was my XBMC install, something wrong in my \appdata\roaming\xbmc\ folder so i created a new user account, installed XBMC and everything is working perfectly.
When it gets stuck on that screen you have to click enter to carry on.
If you can't access the settings then could you just upload your log to here as this will really help a lot to find out what the problem is.
(C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log)

And the problem with the gamertag script is something wrong with your install because the script always works if you type in default.

@blueshinex : Do you still get the error when changing your gamertag to default ? if so then there isn't a problem with the gamertag script there could be a problem with your install.
(The gamertag script sometimes fails to get info for certain games if they have any © symbol or Tm logo ect. The default profile doesn't have any so if you still get a error then there is something wrong with something else)
Could you send me a copy of your log please ? as this will help me find out the problem.

@senna99 :
Hello senna99,

Yeah i will add a link on the first page for people to manually install the addons, but installing them from the skin setup is no different, and it does it automatically then so that the user doesn't have to go and install things for it to work.

Best Regards.

Okay the problem with the gamertag script is probably because beautifulsoup is missing from your XBMC install. It should come with it when you install XBMC but i will create a package on the first page that will include the modules.
@kaz0ku : From looking through your log there is loads of errors.
For some reason it thinks that the skin views are missing, all of your python modules are missing, half of XBMC is missing lol.

Here is all of the required modules to run everything :

Just extract this in to your install folder located in XBMC\addons\

- XBMC Modules

Just extract this in to your \appdata\roaming\XBMC\addons\ folder :

- XBMC Appdata Modules

And just extract this to your install folder inside xbmc\system\python :

- Python Modules

Also go in to the XBMC store and uninstall extendedinfo, widgets, twitch, steam ect.

Then manually download and install them from here :

- Twitch Tv
- Widgets
- Youtube
- Extendedinfo
- Favourites
- Forum Browser
- Youtube App Rss Modules
- 500px
If installing the modules does fix the problem then i will include them all in the next version of the skin so that it will make everything much easier.
where to find this folder ? xbmc\system\python :
That folder is located inside of your main xbmc install directory. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\System\Python\
Are you getting problems with the skin as well grote345 ? as you should only install the modules above if you are getting script errors.
Thank you for the answer @toyota12303

I've tried to launch XBMC with admin right and execute inital setup -> no change
so I've tried to install with all your packages manually from previous posts and almost everything work well

It seem now I've just an errors with Trakt.tv fonts

Code:
17:29:09 T:6072   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: TraktTV-Info-Title(segeowp-light.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
17:29:09 T:6072   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: TraktTV-Info-Tagline(segeowp-semibold.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
17:29:09 T:6072   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: TraktTV-Info-Detail(segeowp-semibold.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
17:29:10 T:6072   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(401)
17:29:10 T:6072   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window dialoggamepad
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25