• 58(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
(2014-04-21, 16:12)toyota12303 Wrote: @TimoV :
Yeah i will give that a test in a minute.
I think that there is a problem with your XBMC install somewhere because i had this problem the other day with XBMC.
And what's your system spec ? as the dashboard should load up pretty much instantly.
And have you tried uninstalling the widgets script ?
Also could you send me a copy of your log please ? as i think there could be a problem with some of your modules, but i can't tell without looking at the log.

That's weird, have you tried installning XBMC on a different user account and running it as administrator ?
I had a similar problem and it was my XBMC install, something wrong in my \appdata\roaming\xbmc\ folder so i created a new user account, installed XBMC and everything is working perfectly.
When it gets stuck on that screen you have to click enter to carry on.
If you can't access the settings then could you just upload your log to here as this will really help a lot to find out what the problem is.
(C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log)

Hi Toyota!

Still experiencing the same problems, a quick rundown of what I did:

1) Created a new (local) user account with administrator rights on my windows 8.1 install
2) Did a clean XBMC 12.1 install
3) Run XBMC as administrator once so it created the ../roaming/XBMC folder
4) Quit XBMC
5) Extracted the latest version of your script into the .../roaming/XBMC/addons folder
6) Extracted the latest system folder from your update into the .../roaming/XBMC/addons/skin.xb1 folder
7) Started XBMC, went to skin settings, changed the skin the XBOX One
8) Before I run setup, I went to skin settings, developer and clicked on fix system.
9) Run setup, I immediately got a service.skin.widgets error and a script.extendedinfo error (no more xbox.gamertag error)
10) Setup completes succesfully, but once again, I get an extremely slow dashboard loadup and the dashboard is just unusable.

System Spec:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 - 920
Radeon HD 4870
6 gb ram

I have 3 userlogs for you:
1) userlog from right after the setup, so the first time that the dashboard starts up (which is extremely slow to the point I need to force close XBMC): https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid...ile%2c.log

2) Userlog from the second time I open up XBMC and try to load the dashboard
https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid...ile%2c.log

3) Userlog from the third time I open up XBMC, I now deleted the script.skin.widgets folder
@TimoV :

Hello TimoV,

i have just taken a look through your logs and for some reason you have something blocking XBMC from installing all of the dependencies and modules ect.
All of the errors that are in your log is either XBMC failing to install a module, or a script trying to import a module that hasn't been installed.
Have you tried disabling any anti-virus software temporarily while setting up the skin ? I doubt that any anti-virus software would stop it but it's worth a try.

The only other thing that i can think of doing is running through the steps here :

Installing Modules

This will fix the problem of the missing modules and should also fix the script errors. First run through the list in the link above, and then run the fix option in the skin settings.
Once you have done that send me another copy of your log.

All of the steps in the list above have been included in the skin and XBMC should do it automatically but for some reason there is something on your system that is blocking XBMC from extracting and installing anything. Also most of the modules should already come with XBMC anyway which is weird.

@ADHDMedia :

After turning on the setting have you tried logging out and back in to XBMC ? as the service starts running when XBMC starts.
If it's still not working try going in to the C:\Assistance\Appi\ folder and there should be a little program there called Xbox.exe
Double click on that and then try holding down your guide button, If it still doesn't show up then for some reason it doesn't work with your system. If it does show up then there is something wrong with XBMC.
Ok, thanks. So I take it then that it should work with a wireless controller?
@toyota12303,

what i mean is when i open the charms an snap a video its playing while snapped to the side but if i press the arrows to try an move through the menu's the snapped window unsnaps.

how do i make so it stay's snapped an i can move through the menu's? do i have to add or edit the gamepad keymap?
Hey toyota. Just noticed that the option to arrow up from my movie library section in order to sort by genre, release date and whatnot is not available any longer. Can we have that put back? Or give me a 'Kids' section in the XBox Video section that will only show kids movies [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
A small request can you add a update library button to the video section

an scan for the music section?
+1
Hello

I just tested the new update,my congratulations skin work nice.But the snap is not working for me i get favorite window.
The still not work voice command,I do not understand where I make a mistake.It is a program Kinect.exe for voice command ?

Best Regards
I just noticed I can't type inside of the search box in 1channel (Primewire) anymore. This has always worked before…?
@ADHDMedia : Yeah it only works for a Wireless Xbox Controller.

@iAMl3dgend : Do you mean when navigating the dashboard ? because when on the dashboard the snap window will open when focused, but when un focused it will dissapear, this will be getting fixed in the next update.
If you mean it un snaps when navigating your library ect. I am really not sure why it would be doing this but i will take a look in to it.

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i had to remove that feature in this update because of small library view changes, i will be adding them back in in the next update though.

@iAMl3dgend : Yeah sure, i will add this in to the next update.

@senna99 : Thanks ! and at the moment the snap tile on the dashboard opens up the favourites window because the full snap feature hasn't been added yet. To snap videos and music you can do this from opening up the charms bar and clicking snap. To unfocus and carry on what you are doing just press left. To unsnap just press unsnap in the charms. Also if you want to focus back to the snapped item just press snap again in the charms bar.

And as for the voice command you have to first plug in your microphone, go in to skin settings - devices - voice control. A window should open up that will guide you through a little setup on how to use it. If it doesn't open then try going in to the assistance\appi\ folder and clicking on kinect.exe If it doesn't open then it's not supported in your system.
(Only works with Windwos 7 & 8, i haven't tested on XP ect.)
Best Regards.

@ADHDMedia : Hmm that's weird, can you type in the search box on other plugins ? I'm not sure why that's not working. Does the keyboard work on other sections ? e.g. searching in the store ?
(2014-04-22, 01:44)toyota12303 Wrote: @TimoV :

Hello TimoV,

i have just taken a look through your logs and for some reason you have something blocking XBMC from installing all of the dependencies and modules ect.
All of the errors that are in your log is either XBMC failing to install a module, or a script trying to import a module that hasn't been installed.
Have you tried disabling any anti-virus software temporarily while setting up the skin ? I doubt that any anti-virus software would stop it but it's worth a try.

The only other thing that i can think of doing is running through the steps here :

Installing Modules

This will fix the problem of the missing modules and should also fix the script errors. First run through the list in the link above, and then run the fix option in the skin settings.
Once you have done that send me another copy of your log.

All of the steps in the list above have been included in the skin and XBMC should do it automatically but for some reason there is something on your system that is blocking XBMC from extracting and installing anything. Also most of the modules should already come with XBMC anyway which is weird.

Hi Toyota!

Have tried your installingmodules guidelines on my existing 12.1 XBMC install, but no go Sad, the dashboard still loads up extremely slowly.

My anti virus has been disabled and I'm running XBMC as an administrator...

Will try to do it on a completely fresh install of XBMC, meanwhile, here is the log again:
@TimoV :

Hello TimoV,

I have just had a look through your log and there is no more module errors, or any script fails so installing the modules has fixed it. Other than that there is no problems looking through your log. Just forum browser not starting and the XBL friends service isn't starting. But these aren't required for the skin to work, and shouldn't effect the skin in any way. So i really can't understand why the dashboard is taking ages to load. At what point does it get stuck on ? Looking at your hardware your system should run it fine.
Try un-installing forum browser and XBL Friends service from the XBMC store as these are the only things that are causing problems in your log. It may have been taking a long time to load because it could be trying to start these services.
(2014-04-22, 23:22)toyota12303 Wrote: @TimoV :

Hello TimoV,

I have just had a look through your log and there is no more module errors, or any script fails so installing the modules has fixed it. Other than that there is no problems looking through your log. Just forum browser not starting and the XBL friends service isn't starting. But these aren't required for the skin to work, and shouldn't effect the skin in any way. So i really can't understand why the dashboard is taking ages to load. At what point does it get stuck on ? Looking at your hardware your system should run it fine.
Try un-installing forum browser and XBL Friends service from the XBMC store as these are the only things that are causing problems in your log. It may have been taking a long time to load because it could be trying to start these services.

Deleted script.forum.browser and script.xblfriends but nothing changes...

To give you more context:

I fire up XBMC with adminstrator rights,

This screen just sits there for about a minute

Then the dashboard tries to load with the animation, but the animation gets stuck at this point for around 2 minutes

The dashboard eventually loads up, but everything becomes unresponsive to input from controller, keyboard, etc...

Eventually, I have to open up task manager and force close XBMC...
I've always had a similar problem wrt sign-in. This is the error I get during setup (after trying to sign in with my email and password). My actual tag isn't displayed and I can't select one...

Hmm that's really weird, i've never seen this problem before. Have you got any scripts or services that you have installed on XBMC ?

Also try enabling the log in screen in the skin settings. If you can't access the skin settings then open up your profiles.xml located inside (C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\)
And then find the line where it says :

PHP Code:
<useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen

And change this to :
PHP Code:
<useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen

Also it looks like you have a lot of things running on your task manager, have you tried temporarily ending a few of your tasks ? as on my task manager my ram usage is normally at about 10%.

One other thing that you could try is going in to your addon.xml and changing where it says :
PHP Code:
effectslowdown="1.00"
To something a little smaller, something like :
PHP Code:
effectslowdown="0.50"

This will change the speed of all the animations and could put less strain on your system. It shouldn't make any difference really but it's worth a try.

Also on your task manager you have got a service called Bonjour. Did this come with installing apple software ? e.g. iTunes or anything like that ?

@johnb : You have to click on make your own and type in your xbox gamertag, and then click on close. This section will be getting changed around in the next update so that it is more clearer on what you have to do.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25