Ouya HD playback problem
I currently have the Gotham alpha 4 hardware accelerated build installed on my Ouya but every time I play a hd file 720p or 1080p it stutters every couple of seconds.

Is this normal considering it is still in alpha?

Could it be to do with the fact Ouya is locked at 60hz and I'm just too sensitive to the picture?

I have turned wifi off and I am streaming over Ethernet from my NAS and the same files work perfectly using my boxee box.

Are there any other things I might be missing that could be the root of my problem?
I have played 1080p files at 9 gigs perfectly with ouya. So maybe you have the wrong build?
Hello calev, perhaps you could advise as to the right build? This is one of the first threads to come up on a search for "Ouya" on this forum and others and some guidance would be helpful and appreciated. Apparently I am one of the many who also has a "wrong build" installed. Thanks for your consideration.
You want the latest libstagefright build as outlined in the first post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
That is the build I currently have installed and still have the very slight video stutter/judder :-(
do you have the latest ouya updated from monday? I was having similar issues but that update resolved it.
Yeah I am currently on firmware 1.06 on the ouya and Gotham alpha 4 for xbmc

I'm hoping it's just something firmware related so I'm going to keep trying the newest releases and firmware as and when they come out and will report back.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Cheers
Network sharing could be the problem. See if playing the file locally works. All the files I have played have been off of a usb hard drive.
I have just tried with the same videos off USB and it is still the same so it must not be a network problem.

Can someone list there video playback settings to see if mine matches.

Thanks
Make sure you are using the libstagefright builds, and if one build doesn't work, go back to an older build. I heard from some users that the "Alpha 1" libstagefright build was working fairly well for OUYA. If so, feel free to let us know, and maybe we can see what happened in between the builds that caused the regression.
Fixed Hi def playback and crashing issues with XBMC on ouya

we had stuttering issues with mkv and mp4 files and crashing as well this is how we resolved it, (it's working flawlessly)

- download the latest build xbmc alpha 4 (june 4th)
- first make sure your source you are linking is clean of non video related files. (nfo's txt exe etc)
- next make sure you have turned off the rss feed ticker this eats up alot of memory for no real reason
- make sure you give the XBMC player time to generate all the thumbnails for all your video's (MKV's do not Generate Thumbnails)

remember it will only work as well as the quality of the files you are trying to play.

our setup
- Ouya Hardwired (Ethernet not wireless)
- dedicated pc on windows network hosting files
- organized folders (movies, tv shows etc) with sub folders and files under them.
- gigabit network
I have tried all libstagefright builds and they all show the stuttering (when I say stuttering it is like the picture wants to be going a certain speed but every few seconds it will jump ahead a frame which looks like a judder. This looks very bad in panning shots where it will be smooth for a few seconds then it will do a judder then smooth etc) it is almost perfect apart from this and I'm sure most people wouldn't notice it but I do.

Also I don't know if its because I have came from the boxee box but the picture looks softer now also.
(2013-06-29, 13:27)Kylejc86 Wrote: I have tried all libstagefright builds and they all show the stuttering (when I say stuttering it is like the picture wants to be going a certain speed but every few seconds it will jump ahead a frame which looks like a judder. This looks very bad in panning shots where it will be smooth for a few seconds then it will do a judder then smooth etc) it is almost perfect apart from this and I'm sure most people wouldn't notice it but I do.

Also I don't know if its because I have came from the boxee box but the picture looks softer now also.

try turning off the rss feed. that might be your issue.
I believe it under
-system-settings-appearance-skins

also make sure you clear the data and uninstall old xmbc before installing new xbmc app.

-manage-advanced-storage-app- choose app - clear data (then uninstall)
Just turned it off and still no change :-( I'm ok though probably just going to use my boxee box for a while until the firmware for both xbmc and ouya are more stable.

Thanks for all of the help though.
I get a lot of judder with subtitles enabled, regardless of the version.
Maybe you get the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya HD playback problem0