[RELEASE] Football / Soccer (Script)
i have the latest 1.1 football script now, and i am using the latest compile of xbmc (todays build).

brilliant script, but i am having a problem when ever i select league news or club news, it loads up the news but then you can't go any further, you can't carry on with any other menu selections and it ends up locking up.

version 1 was doing this as well just lately, so it may be because of a new xbmc compile. i have done several over the last few days, maybe somethings changed in it that affects this script, don't know ?

anyway as long as i don't select these two news buttons everything else is fine.

again great script.... Smile
script now up on xbmcscripts.com

changes:

live on tv schedule list.
moved the non-league specific options to the mainmenu (fivelive, photo galleries etc)
added config menu - with option to adj. overscan.
very impressive big belly Smile but not everything moves with overscan i.e the graphics menu key in the bottom right stays off the screen.
can anyone put the latest version on rapidshare or something Wink

great script bigbellybilly
latest is at xbmcscripts.com which seems to be down.
i dont have any public share space myself, unless someone can suggest somewhere ?
i can mail it you if you like ?
@BigBellyBilly

would it be possible to use this site for football league tables etc:

http://www.goalzz.com

every league under the sun seems to be on it, too much information seems to be on it tbh!
i hadnt intended the script to cover anything more than uk football. the whole script is geared around the bbc pages. but i'll have a look into it for you.
is it just the european leagues your interested in ?
your football script has everything i need tbh. that site might be useful for someone who wants to do a script for their own favourite leagues etc.
Question 
I've just downloaded and started using this script - it's absolutely amazingBig Grin !! I have just one small issue, and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. When I look at news feeds for any particular club, the news appears on top of the news headline list, and is not legible. Should the headlines dissapear when you select one to read, or should the news content have somekind of opaque backdrop?Oo
darklord1977 Wrote:I've just downloaded and started using this script - it's absolutely amazingBig Grin !! I have just one small issue, and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. When I look at news feeds for any particular club, the news appears on top of the news headline list, and is not legible. Should the headlines dissapear when you select one to read, or should the news content have somekind of opaque backdrop?Oo
I get exactly the same problem, tested with an old and new build of XBMC. Using Football 1.1 when you click on a news headline the story appears over the top of the headlines making all the text mix together.

It's the only thing that is preventing this from being one of the most useful scripts ever! Sad
Its a minor problem caused by the script not being able to find the graphics file its using for the menu background panel.

Its looking for '"dialog-invite.png"

You could edit footballLibrary.py and change "dialog-invite.png" to be "dialog-panel.png" (which is a xbmc standard file)

OR

Put a file called "dialog-invite.png" into the scripts 'system' folder.
I suggest you take "dialog-panel.png" from any of my other scripts (eg myTV, tv.com)

The script is due an overhaul to make it comply xbmcscripts.com and to bring it uptodate with my latest libraries (MC360 support etc).

Nice to see someone beside me still using it!

'dialog-panel.png'
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:Its a minor problem caused by the script not being able to find the graphics file its using for the menu background panel.

Its looking for '"dialog-invite.png"

You could edit footballLibrary.py and change "dialog-invite.png" to be "dialog-panel.png" (which is a xbmc standard file)

OR

Put a file called "dialog-invite.png" into the scripts 'system' folder.
I suggest you take "dialog-panel.png" from any of my other scripts (eg myTV, tv.com)

The script is due an overhaul to make it comply xbmcscripts.com and to bring it uptodate with my latest libraries (MC360 support etc).

Nice to see someone beside me still using it!

Thanks I've grabbed the dialog-panel.png from your MyTV script. I'm using PM3. I'll try it at home when I get back Smile

Yes I use it, I bet many more people do too - it's a brilliant script - I don't need to use teletext anymore!
Well I dropped dialog-invite.png (the renamed dialog-panel.png) into the scripts folder of Football 1.1 but it's still behaving the same...

Any ideas Oo
Edit system\footballLibrary.py to change the reference of "dialog-invite.png" to "dialog-panel.png"

try that

It should find that in the standard PMIII xpr, but it will do no harm to put the file in system folder too.
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:Edit system\footballLibrary.py to change the reference of "dialog-invite.png" to "dialog-panel.png"

try that

It should find that in the standard PMIII xpr, but it will do no harm to put the file in system folder too.
OK will try that thanks. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Football / Soccer (Script)0