enable ssh in openelec?
I just installed 3.0.6 and ssh isn't working.

I connected to the SMB share, went into Configfiles, copied ones of the text files and renamed it to "ssh_enable" and deleted all the contents.

I restarted and I still cannot ssh in...

Code:
$ ssh 192.168.1.50 -l root
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.50 port 22: Connection refused
anyone? Sad
Try adding "ssh" to the end of the line in cmdline.txt.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Are you sure you're on 3.0.6 and not 3.1.1?

Starting with 3.1.1, the "ssh_enable" file in /storage/.config is no longer supported.

From now on you enable ssh in the OpenELEC Configuration addon within XBMC, or add "ssh" to the end of the kernel line in cmdline.txt.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Have you deleted any old ssh keys which might be kicking around?
(2013-07-06, 07:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: Are you sure you're on 3.0.6 and not 3.1.1?

Starting with 3.1.1, the "ssh_enable" file in /storage/.config is no longer supported.

From now on you enable ssh in the OpenELEC Configuration addon within XBMC, or add "ssh" to the end of the kernel line in cmdline.txt.

Yes, 3.0.6. I've done the first thing. I'll try the 2nd (cmdline.txt)

(2013-07-06, 15:22)Trixster Wrote: Have you deleted any old ssh keys which might be kicking around?

This is a brand new install on a brand new sd card out of the package.
(2013-07-06, 07:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: Are you sure you're on 3.0.6 and not 3.1.1?

ok, how do I get to the cmdline.txt file? I can connect via SMB but not SSH... If I plug in a keyboard is there a way to get to the shell directly on the device? Or should I just start over...
Put the SD card in your PC, the cmdline.txt is in the root of the SD card.
ok, this already exists:

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet
Are you 100% sure you have the right ip address?
Have you tried nmap to see if the port is open?
Have you tried ssh with verbose turned on? (ssh -vvv)
(2013-07-07, 04:08)nickr Wrote: Are you 100% sure you have the right ip address?
Have you tried nmap to see if the port is open?
Have you tried ssh with verbose turned on? (ssh -vvv)

yes, static and I can connect via smb. I'm on my macbook on the same wifi network.

I haven't tried the other two. The box is in a different location now, I'll have to to try those later.
i have the same problem. port seems to be open, have access to the config files and media shares from my pc and can ping.
Try adding "debugging textmode" to cmdline.txt, it should give you a console (ensure you have a keyboard attached) and may help you diagnose why sshd is not starting in OpenELEC.
i cant do it either... Connection refused!

It's because i am using a usb?

I have:

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enable ssh in openelec?0