WIP Alaska HD (WIP)
If you're getting this -

then do this -

(2013-07-07, 22:32)`Black Wrote: just select a theme in alaska hd to reset it.
wha do you mean?
Hi,

Just posted this on the Welo sub forum...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171669

...so unfortunately I won't be taking on Alaska HD. Alaska has always been a favourite so was chuffed to get the chance to work on it. Thanks to Hitcher for giving his blessing... sorry to let you down mate! Blush

Anyway, really hopes someone takes this on and turns out something special.

Cheers Wink

(2013-07-06, 00:45)liquidskin76 Wrote: With the blessing of Hitcher, I've taken on the development of Alaska (cheers Hitcher Wink)

Alaska has always been my favourite skin, so it's an honour to be able to carry it on.

Plan is to finally crack on with Welo and get something released, then complete Alaska. Enjoy Hitcher's attached wip for the time being! Big Grin

Cheers
Hi,

as it looks as if Liquidskin76 won't be able to do this after all, I'm going to see if I can move this on. Note that I'm a coder not a graphic designer so there's probably a limit to what I can do so if anyone with some design skills wants to help out then I'll welcome your help with open arms.

Anyway

github project with all code is here:

repository that you can install to get development versions is here

I've currently done a minimal amount of work (I've never worked on xbmc, skins or otherwise before, so bear with me) and released a minimally improved version. This has the following over Hitcher's final release:
* Rendering problem caused by background impage not loading should be fixed
* Sound effects have been added
* Added some options to show/hide home screen items (not sure how useful this is but was just using it as a test of how I could edit things).

You can get this release from the repository or, if you'd rather download it direct then you can get it from github here.

I'm going to see what else I can do to the skin (technical side should be ok, design side less so) but if people can install it and submit bug reports etc that would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Chris
This is my first exposure to Alaska. I've just downloaded 0.0.6.zip and it seems to work fine! Is there a todo list or feature request?
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
wow Alaska HD looks good so far very clean looking! I know it's early on but is there a way to make a wall view that looks like the the landscape view? Something like four movies across (but a little larger) and maybe four rows down?
Installation failed when I tried to install the repo file.

From debug.log :

Code:
ERROR: Could not read addon description of repository.alaska.hd
(2013-09-04, 03:44)Megatron Wrote: wow Alaska HD looks good so far very clean looking! I know it's early on but is there a way to make a wall view that looks like the the landscape view? Something like four movies across (but a little larger) and maybe four rows down?

I know I've opened up work to others but I'd just like to make a statement about Alaska HD.

It doesn't need any more views than were already designed by djh and found in the PSDs as it's meant to be the closest version to the original vision; that's also the reason for no sounds.

If a bloated version is what's wanted I suggest just updating one of the earlier versions to be Frodo/Gotham compatible.

Thanks.
(2013-09-04, 02:58)n1md4 Wrote: This is my first exposure to Alaska. I've just downloaded 0.0.6.zip and it seems to work fine! Is there a todo list or feature request?

There's no todo list at the moment mainly because I'm still trying to work out how to approach this. I think the initial step is just to fix any issues that are present in the released version and, one that's done, move onto bits that are missing. The biggest thing that people can do to help is to point out screens that are missing or do not render correctly etc.

(2013-09-04, 16:34)Balinus Wrote: Installation failed when I tried to install the repo file.

From debug.log :

Code:
ERROR: Could not read addon description of repository.alaska.hd

Sorry I think I've borked the repository file. I'll fix that when I get a chance but for now if you want to install the skin it'll have to be directly from the zip file I'm afraid.

(2013-09-04, 18:35)Hitcher Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 03:44)Megatron Wrote: wow Alaska HD looks good so far very clean looking! I know it's early on but is there a way to make a wall view that looks like the the landscape view? Something like four movies across (but a little larger) and maybe four rows down?

I know I've opened up work to others but I'd just like to make a statement about Alaska HD.

It doesn't need any more views than were already designed by djh and found in the PSDs as it's meant to be the closest version to the original vision; that's also the reason for no sounds.

If a bloated version is what's wanted I suggest just updating one of the earlier versions to be Frodo/Gotham compatible.

Thanks.

Yes- I agree with Hitcher here. At this point I don't want to add any new views- just make what is already present work correctly. With that in mind Mea Culpa on the sounds, but in my defence they were referenced in sounds.xml so I thought they were meant to be present!

Finally- Just to be crystal clear on this- what is released so far is all Hitcher's work and he deserves the credit. All I've done is to fix a small rendering bug and package it up.
great to see this beautiful skin still somewhat supported! keep it up guys, your work is very much appreciated. looking forwards to the working repository. <3
i dunno why but i can't use this skin, skin gets all crazy and fuzzy, shaking everywhere...i am using latest xbmc 13.0 alpha8
(2013-09-11, 22:22)hfmls Wrote: i dunno why but i can't use this skin, skin gets all crazy and fuzzy, shaking everywhere...i am using latest xbmc 13.0 alpha8

(2013-07-18, 17:41)Hitcher Wrote: If you're getting this -

then do this -

(2013-07-07, 22:32)`Black Wrote: just select a theme in alaska hd to reset it.
Version 0.0.7 is now released. There are just some minor changes, namely:

- Added screen for keyboard
- Added screen for numerica keyboard
- Packed up textures for better performance
- Dark theme can now be selected.

Hopefully I have now fixed the repository*. An updated repository zip file can be downloaded here
If you don't want to use the repository then a direct l;ink to the 0.0.7 zip can be found here

thanks,

Chris

*Defining a repository zip file for use with xbmc seems to be a bit of anightmare. It looks like xbmc caches the repository information so deleting the repo and installing again from an updated zip doesn't actually do a clean install. I believe the current repo file I have put out works fine, but in order to get this to work on one of my boxes I had to delete ADDONS15.db from my userdata folder. Obviously don't delete this file unless you know what you are doing!

(2013-09-11, 22:22)hfmls Wrote: i dunno why but i can't use this skin, skin gets all crazy and fuzzy, shaking everywhere...i am using latest xbmc 13.0 alpha8

Hi, was this with Hitcher's original zip (i.e. version 0.0.5) or one of my later ones.

The reason I ask is that I think this is due to an XBMC bug which I believeI've worked around. Obviously though if you've installed 0.0.6 (or later) and you still saw it then I obviously haven't fixed it.

thanks,

Chris
Can we expect Live TV in de future in this skin?
ok after new update all is good Smile

Live TV would be awesome, if you could do a channel list like "enigma2" OS receivers would be great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska HD (WIP)4