XBMC becomes laggy or freezes after long idle
I have a user account on win 7 setup to use XBMC as the shell. I leave it running 24/7 because I have a script that runs from utorrent to update the library. When I leave it idle for long periods of time the UI is laggy when I come back. it usally takes 10 to 20 seconds for it to become responsive after I hit a few keys. Some times it is completely frozen when I come back an I have to terminate it from task manager.

Could this be caused by paging? Any suggestions on fixing this are very much appreciated.

To bad there isn't a XBMC Library Server. Then I could just run that as a service and only run XBMC when I need it.
(2013-07-08, 06:06)theColonel26 Wrote: I have a user account on win 7 setup to use XBMC as the shell. I leave it running 24/7 because I have a script that runs from utorrent to update the library. When I leave it idle for long periods of time the UI is laggy when I come back. it usally takes 10 to 20 seconds for it to become responsive after I hit a few keys. Some times it is completely frozen when I come back an I have to terminate it from task manager.

Could this be caused by paging? Any suggestions on fixing this are very much appreciated.

To bad there isn't a XBMC Library Server. Then I could just run that as a service and only run XBMC when I need it.
I have had this problem for over two years and others have reported it as well.
In the past this sometimes has come down to a misbehaving add-on, or an add-on that was behaving, but exposed a memory leak when others didn't.

I've had XBMC run without issues 24/7 on some set ups, but then have others that wanted to be rebooted every so often in order to have the GUI fluid again and behave. Lots of possible variables, so it's really hard to say if it's just one thing or not.

It's certainly something the devs try to improve upon. Debug logs (wiki) and various system details will help us know more about what is going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC becomes laggy or freezes after long idle0