• 362(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
It seems like when you play the files individually, they tend to work more often, but when there is ANY overlap between loading files such as in a playlist or in PTVLive, it failed to play.
(2014-07-21, 21:27)jaynford Wrote: It seems like when you play the files individually, they tend to work more often, but when there is ANY overlap between loading files such as in a playlist or in PTVLive, it failed to play.

This applies to any source of media, wither local, network, or internet.... There is always a latency between ending a connection and starting up a new one (for a moment one player is accessing two connections). if the latency is to long some systems or subsystem can timeout... which is what Playon will do and is why I general ignore all posts that say ...it plays fine outside PseudoTV Live but has problem in PseudoTV Live...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Right, I am saying it has issues in any of these scenarios whether it be just making a playlist or something like pseudotv. It is clearly an issue with playon. I just wish there was a way to force a delay so that the first file had time to close before the second file began to open. I just want a netflix/hulu/amazon fueled playlist selection, and I was really hoping this would do the trick. Thanks for the help though.
Hey. Love your work!
A couple of quick questions. I am running XBMC on an android box.
I cant get the artwork to work when running PTVL With that i mean the "Now watching" and "coming up next" part in the menu area. Any idé whats wrong? I have a ton of artwork, shouldn't be a problem?

My other question, which might be in the wrong section. But is their any way to disable subtitles when running PTVL? And is their anyway to access the OSD menu with a M1 remote from MINIX? (The same OSD menu as when playing regular movies / tv shows) Figured i might have to reconfigure something?
(2014-07-21, 17:18)LakersFan Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 07:38)ryanmcclure Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 07:13)LakersFan Wrote: I'm getting a script error from PTVL when I start XBMC. The error is towards the end of my debug log, though I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I'm running this on Amazon Fire TV...

What device are you using to run XBMC? I'm seeing one of three things happening:

1. You don't have a temporary directory on your device (unlikely)
2. The permissions for your temporary directory have been altered (slightly more likely)
3. Your device's storage is nearling full and a temporary directory can't be used due to the lack of space (most likely)

Edit: I see now that you are using Android...I should read the log more thoroughly.
Thanks for taking a look at it. PTVL was running fine (no errors) until I upgraded to the most recent developmental version 0.4.7. Not sure if it has anything to do with that. Can I manually create the temp folder somewhere? I'll check my storage level and see if it's full. It shouldn't be, but ya never know. Wink

Quick update- it's not a full storage issue. There is over 2 1/2GB available on the ATVF.
Is there any chance of a Movie Ratings Bumper option which can be pointed to a directory?

Having the option to insert a short ~5sec rating video before a movie, or even a TV show would be great. I've found that the current rating option tends to clutter up the EPG. Smile
(2014-07-22, 06:07)Synapz Wrote: Is there any chance of a Movie Ratings Bumper option which can be pointed to a directory?

Having the option to insert a short ~5sec rating video before a movie, or even a TV show would be great. I've found that the current rating option tends to clutter up the EPG. Smile

This was already integrated as a feature for the PseudoCinema autotune... if a few more users express interest I'll add as a BCT option.

(2014-07-21, 23:53)jaynford Wrote: Right, I am saying it has issues in any of these scenarios whether it be just making a playlist or something like pseudotv. It is clearly an issue with playon. I just wish there was a way to force a delay so that the first file had time to close before the second file began to open. I just want a netflix/hulu/amazon fueled playlist selection, and I was really hoping this would do the trick. Thanks for the help though.

Play around with the channel change delay under "tweaks"

Btw not being a prick, but all users who refer to this program as PseudoTV and not as PseudoTV Live or PTVL are added to my ignore list. Why? In the past users are becoming confused and installing the wrong program, wasting my time debugging problems for the wrong plugin. Want to be taken seriously, then indicate you know the difference between the two programs and uses its proper name. Thank you
(2014-07-22, 06:14)Lunatixz Wrote: Btw not being a prick, but all users who refer to this program as PseudoTV and not as PseudoTV Live or PTVL are added to my ignore list. Why? In the past users are becoming confused and installing the wrong program, wasting my time debugging problems for the wrong plugin. Want to be taken seriously, then indicate you know the difference between the two programs and uses its proper name. Thank you

You're hardly being a prick, Lunatixz--you're asking a (what I think to be a simple) request. My near-OCD tendencies squirm each time I see it called something wrong. BTW, I haven't seen you on this thread in a few days, welcome back!
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-07-22, 06:14)Lunatixz Wrote: Btw not being a prick, but all users who refer to this program as PseudoTV and not as PseudoTV Live or PTVL are added to my ignore list. Why? In the past users are becoming confused and installing the wrong program, wasting my time debugging problems for the wrong plugin. Want to be taken seriously, then indicate you know the difference between the two programs and uses its proper name. Thank you

Sorry. You're likely referring to me. I meant no offense and appreciate your work on this. For the record, I've updated my posts and was referring to PTVL the entire time. Just being lazy in my typing I guess. Confused
(2014-07-22, 06:45)LakersFan Wrote: Sorry. You're likely referring to me. I meant no offense and appreciate your work on this. For the record, I've updated my posts and was referring to PTVL the entire time. Just being lazy in my typing I guess. Confused

I don't think he means you entirely, since you are still able to post Wink There's been people in the past who have constantly called it the wrong name, despite Luna's requests, and it turns out that, of course, they had the wrong addon. Ugh...

I honestly am a bit at a loss for what to do for the Android /tmp problem...I'll google around a bit more and will get back to you. I have to head to work, but I will be back on tonight with hopefully some answers. Smile
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-07-22, 06:07)Synapz Wrote: Is there any chance of a Movie Ratings Bumper option which can be pointed to a directory?

You got your wish, it will be pushed to git sometime this week Smile It will use preset ratings videos from the internet...
speaking of wishes, luna did you have a chance to implement the second last.fm account?
(2014-07-23, 00:10)bry- Wrote: speaking of wishes, luna did you have a chance to implement the second last.fm account?

thought I implemented that back when you asked for it... Does it not work?

Speaking of Music Videos, I have some cool updates coming that will feature a MTV'ish overlay for music videos. (basic title and song information fade ins) along with integrating a new music plugin that was pushed recently..
More info to come...
(2014-07-23, 00:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 00:10)bry- Wrote: speaking of wishes, luna did you have a chance to implement the second last.fm account?

thought I implemented that back when you asked for it... Does it not work?

Speaking of Music Videos, I have some cool updates coming that will feature a MTV'ish overlay for music videos. (basic title and song information fade ins) along with integrating a new music plugin that was pushed recently..
More info to come...

shiet, did you? I don't see the option via the GUI settings, i'll try adding to the settings2.xml file and let you know.

ps - reply to pm so I can move fwd, xoxo

edit - thought of a feature req: prioritize chans for live tv - i have a few chans that I would like to update before the rest of the others to ensure that they are current,
Luna, PTVL takes about 2mins to even boot from trying to start it. Theres nothing at all in the log. Is there anything that could suddenly be causing such an issue with PTVL. Everything else is fine. Fresh installs. Trying to use just one channel, or 200 channels. All still takes ages to load. but does load properly.

Is there any checks/searchs it does when u first run that could be getting tied up?

Cheers
  • 362(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45