• 378(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-08-25, 21:14)Lunatixz Wrote: http://www.howtogeek.com/195099/how-to-r...e-on-xbmc/

awesome - congrats! hopefully will bring some donations your way.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-25, 11:52)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 06:25)pharmeceutikle Wrote: Hey I haven't used or checked on PTVL for about a month. The last time I used it didn't work and I don't have the time to fiddle with it because it's the summer and I am out and about. Wanted to contribute to the community list but figured whatevs my PTVL is not working so I hope there'd be a stable new version around the corner when I check back in awhile. I guess not. It's still on 0.4.7. Well, help me get my PTVL working again. PTVL does not build any channels and settings2.xml stops at channel 79 eventhough I enabled everything. Log attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7n34uxybi6xryu/xbmc.log?dl=0

looks like you have bigger issues than PTVL. you should probably do a clean install of xbmc. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=276282

you can test this my renaming your user data (wiki) folder and re-launching xbmc. once you have done that install the latest stable and you shouldnt have any issues. don't blame lunatixz when you have issues that are much worse than the stable branch of ptvl.

Yeah, I recently changed skins from Aeon Nox 4.x.x Gotham to Xperience 1080 about a month ago and the New Videos module features Fanart. Aeon Nox didn't need Fanart to fit the theme so I didn't use it and disabled it. Unfortunately, my folder structure needed movies to be in its own folders to have the correct Fanart for each movie so I put all my movies in a folder structure. Now, I think this is where things went to hell with xbmc core library: I get stuff automatically from an addon blah blah blah and it downloads to a set location that is scraped for folders. This addon does not have the option of getting this stuff into its own folders so every day I have to manually place them in their own folders. I think this just messes up everything and I like to keep things the way it is right now. The only way if PTVL and this addon can coexist is if this Dev would ever answer my post! It mainly works other than not being OK with PTVL channel building. I'll run a clean instance of XBMC for the sole purpose of getting PTVL working.
(2014-08-25, 22:16)pharmeceutikle Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 11:52)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 06:25)pharmeceutikle Wrote: Hey I haven't used or checked on PTVL for about a month. The last time I used it didn't work and I don't have the time to fiddle with it because it's the summer and I am out and about. Wanted to contribute to the community list but figured whatevs my PTVL is not working so I hope there'd be a stable new version around the corner when I check back in awhile. I guess not. It's still on 0.4.7. Well, help me get my PTVL working again. PTVL does not build any channels and settings2.xml stops at channel 79 eventhough I enabled everything. Log attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7n34uxybi6xryu/xbmc.log?dl=0

looks like you have bigger issues than PTVL. you should probably do a clean install of xbmc. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=276282

you can test this my renaming your user data (wiki) folder and re-launching xbmc. once you have done that install the latest stable and you shouldnt have any issues. don't blame lunatixz when you have issues that are much worse than the stable branch of ptvl.

Yeah, I recently changed skins from Aeon Nox 4.x.x Gotham to Xperience 1080 about a month ago and the New Videos module features Fanart. Aeon Nox didn't need Fanart to fit the theme so I didn't use it and disabled it. Unfortunately, my folder structure needed movies to be in its own folders to have the correct Fanart for each movie so I put all my movies in a folder structure. Now, I think this is where things went to hell with xbmc core library: I get stuff automatically from an addon blah blah blah and it downloads to a set location that is scraped for folders. This addon does not have the option of getting this stuff into its own folders so every day I have to manually place them in their own folders. I think this just messes up everything and I like to keep things the way it is right now. The only way if PTVL and this addon can coexist is if this Dev would ever answer my post! It mainly works other than not being OK with PTVL channel building. I'll run a clean instance of XBMC for the sole purpose of getting PTVL working.
http://www.filebot.net this will automatically sort your movies into folder structure. It isn't right 100% of the time but having to go on a fix one once in a while aint too bad. I use it to automate my media center.
Still trying to figure this out.

when I change channels for a few seconds I see like my channel number and the images all distorted and repeating across the screen...then it shows the video full screen but still full of artifacts....then it finally plays normal...

Im using smb to share my files..
(2014-08-25, 23:14)druiz Wrote: Still trying to figure this out.

when I change channels for a few seconds I see like my channel number and the images all distorted and repeating across the screen...then it shows the video full screen but still full of artifacts....then it finally plays normal...

That is likely something in your network. SAMBA is not the most efficient thing out there.
(2014-08-25, 23:17)jctennis Wrote:

That is likely something in your network. SAMBA is not the most efficient thing out there.

try playing the source outside of ptvl - chances are its the speed of your network that is the issue
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-26, 00:17)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 23:17)jctennis Wrote:

try playing the source outside of ptvl - chances are its the speed of your network that is the issue

files work flawlessly from the standard xbmc movies/tv show menus....

I am using SMB through windows...I dont think that is the same as sama ( linux??)
(2014-08-26, 00:22)druiz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:17)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 23:17)jctennis Wrote: That is likely something in your network. SAMBA is not the most efficient thing out there.

I am using SMB through windows...I dont think that is the same as sama ( linux??)

There is no way PseudoTV Live causes distortions of video...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-26, 00:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:22)druiz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:17)bry- Wrote: try playing the source outside of ptvl - chances are its the speed of your network that is the issue

Hi Luna: thanks for responding personally! Here is a video, sorry it takes a bit to get to the pseudotv live part...let me know your thoughts ( sorry for video orientation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6eTn874...mjJ9u7tPyA
(2014-08-26, 00:37)druiz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:22)druiz Wrote: files work flawlessly from the standard xbmc movies/tv show menus....

Hi Luna: thanks for responding personally! Here is a video, sorry it takes a bit to get to the pseudotv live part...let me know your thoughts ( sorry for video orientation)

I assume your running "AFTV"? you're running into xbmc issues. The gravity of the problem is unknown... it can possibly be fixed with another xbmc skin, tweaking settings and advancedsettings, updating video drivers, clearing texture cache... but its unrelated to PseudoTV Live. PTVL is just stressing your gui to the point the issue is visible...
(2014-08-26, 00:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:37)druiz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 00:29)Lunatixz Wrote: There is no way PseudoTV Live causes distortions of video...

I assume your running "AFTV"? you're running into xbmc issues. The gravity of the problem is unknown... it can possibly be fixed with another xbmc skin, tweaking settings and advancedsettings... but its unrelated to PseudoTV Live. PTVL is just stressing your gui to the point the issue is visible...

I am running SPMC on my amazing fire tv if that's what you mean. The issues seems to be prevalent regardless of skin, PTVL is still very much usable ( just a small inconvenience). Do you have any thread url's handy that might guide me in the right direction in terms of messing with some settings to maybe fix it?

My currently PTVL is completely stock just autotuned the channels...should I expect performance to drop further once I start messing with the settings2 file and adding streams and such?

2 other quick questions while I have your attention, I applied the VideoWindow patch, and now whenever I start my firetv/xbmc I get script.error PseudoTVLive....but everything seems to work fine...any ideas on that?

Also when I try to add a custom skin folder for PTVL, restart my machine, in the visual area of settings It doesnt show up...I tried choosing " custom" PTVL crashes my system...any ideas on that one?
@druiz limit media to under 50, video window would require a log... But if I had to guess SPMC changed XBMCs default paths?, for tweaking read through aftv threads... Try playing with dirty regions.
(2014-08-26, 01:18)Lunatixz Wrote: @druiz limit media to under 50, video window would require a log... But if I had to guess SPMC changed XBMCs default paths?, for tweaking read through aftv threads... Try playing with dirty regions.

Shit I wish I knew what half of what you said meant Smile

The only thing I know is different about spmc vs xbmc is:

XBMC Paths are like this :/sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
SPMC Paths use com.semperpax.spmc instead of org.xbmc.xbmc

That being said the patch DID work...and I actually went in to the EPGOverlay file and repositioned it to match the skin better ( had the error before I did that though_

Again its just at startup....is it a critical error? PTVL seems to work ( other than the pixel issue we already discussed"
@druiz need logs to debug errors, thanks
XBMC Debug Logs......or are their seperate logs for PSTL? If So were would they be stored.
  • 378(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45