• 402(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-09, 16:10)steve55792 Wrote: Why is Super Favorites always stuck on 5% when I Autotune and also pseudo tv doesnt show all my channels but its in the settings.xml and configurations? All the help would be awesome, cause it driving me nuts.Rofl

No log = ignore list!

(2014-09-09, 16:16)jctennis Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 15:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 15:30)jctennis Wrote: Really, I like the clip names. I use a YouTube channel for documentaries and they are an hour or more. It helps to see what is "on"

we are talking about shows that fall below your set "hide short video" setting...
those shows get "stacked" added to the channel name.
Ok gotcha. I guess I haven't run across this myself so I have no business voting. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Yeah, users didn't like seeing "..." for all the really short videos on youtube, So I added code to "Stack" short videos and then name the block "Channel name (Stacked)", stacking is controlled by the "Hide short video" setting.

Now it's been mentioned that seeing "Stacked" is an issue, apparently their is just no pleasing the masses. Tongue
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Sleuteltje thanks for the log, looks superfav was updated and changed its directories check post 2 for the updated setting example.

::UPDATE::

Nevermind looks worse then that, I think the latest superfav breaks parsing to PTVL...

I'll try and fix by next update

Wasn't as bad as I thought... fix will be included in next update
(2014-09-09, 18:11)Lunatixz Wrote: @Sleuteltje thanks for the log, looks superfav was updated and changed its directories check post 2 for the updated setting example.
Thankyou Big Grin
(2014-09-09, 18:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 16:10)steve55792 Wrote: Why is Super Favorites always stuck on 5% when I Autotune and also pseudo tv doesnt show all my channels but its in the settings.xml and configurations? All the help would be awesome, cause it driving me nuts.Rofl

No log = ignore list!

(2014-09-09, 16:16)jctennis Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 15:57)Lunatixz Wrote: we are talking about shows that fall below your set "hide short video" setting...
those shows get "stacked" added to the channel name.
Ok gotcha. I guess I haven't run across this myself so I have no business voting. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Yeah, users didn't like seeing "..." for all the really short videos on youtube, So I added code to "Stack" short videos and then name the block "Channel name (Stacked)", stacking is controlled by the "Hide short video" setting.

Now it's been mentioned that seeing "Stacked" is an issue, apparently their is just no pleasing the masses. Tongue

We are quite the cantankerous mob. Tongue
(2014-09-09, 18:11)Lunatixz Wrote: @Sleuteltje thanks for the log, looks superfav was updated and changed its directories check post 2 for the updated setting example.

Nevermind looks worse then that, I think the latest superfav breaks parsing to PTVL...

Np, Thank YOU! Wink. But do you have any thoughts about the broken EPG? I didn't have any superfavorite plugin channels configured in my settings2.xml when the broken EPG problem occured. Only 24/7 internet streams that i'm 100% certain all work.
(2014-09-09, 18:34)Sleuteltje Wrote:

Np, Thank YOU! Wink. But do you have any thoughts about the broken EPG? I didn't have any superfavorite plugin channels configured in my settings2.xml when the broken EPG problem occured. Only 24/7 internet streams that i'm 100% certain all work.

I've never seen that problem before, log doesn't show any issues.

Wait for the development branch to receive the update tonight, try it out... maybe it was fixed already?

I think I located the slow down in the EPG... will be included in tonights development push...
(2014-09-09, 18:40)Lunatixz Wrote: I've never seen that problem before, log doesn't show any issues.

Wait for the development branch to receive the update tonight, try it out... maybe it was fixed already?

I think I located the slow down in the EPG... will be included in tonights development push...

Well, it does suit me to have a problem nobody else has Rofl. Well, here's to hoping that the update will fix it. The EPG problem renders PTVL a little useless for me. Thank you for looking into the problem Smile.

Should i download the Development Build instead of the Stable build i'm currently using when you push the updates?

Quick question about the community list: I have some dutch (spoken) channels. Are such channels also welcome to add somewhere? Some are also depended on an addon called "Nederland24". But I assume channels from plugins are welcome, since there is a plugin.xml
how does a person send or make a log? sound dumb doesnt it?
(2014-09-09, 19:15)steve55792 Wrote: how does a person send or make a log? sound dumb doesnt it?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
Thanks jctennis but i figured out how to use dropbox, but here is my log from the question i asked earlier:https://www.dropbox.com/s/tklvh35zjtx6w5i/xbmc.log?dl=0
(2014-09-09, 01:19)Lunatixz Wrote: I still see users using older versions of PseudoTV Live , if you are one of them could you give me insight on why?

HI Luna,

Two reason I'm on running slightly older versions, the first is that I've added some custom code to parse out Blip.TV rss feed's time duration correctly and video thumbnail and I don't want to have to keep adding it back into every version so I usually just wait for a feature to come out that I really want and then add my code back to that on my main system (I'm waiting for the Set Top feature to be completed currently, can't wait for that!).

Second reason is the Wife acceptance factor. We got rid of cable so this a replacement for her, and she uses it daily. That means if something breaks I got to spend the night fixing until it works again. So if everything is functioning fine for her, i don't want to risk breaking it. I'll usually upgrade her pseudotv when she's out of town and I have some free time, so in case anything does break I can fix it before she get's back. I suspect this 90% of the reason why most people don't upgrade (If it's not broke, they aint gonna try to fix it)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=289485. Here is my actualy log from my xbmc. I Hope it all needed about super favourite pausing 5%and staying there. Hope someone can help me.
(2014-09-09, 19:45)mcorcoran Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 01:19)Lunatixz Wrote: I still see users using older versions of PseudoTV Live , if you are one of them could you give me insight on why?

HI Luna,

Two reason I'm on running slightly older versions, the first is that I've added some custom code to parse out Blip.TV rss feed's time duration correctly and video thumbnail and I don't want to have to keep adding it back into every version so I usually just wait for a feature to come out that I really want and then add my code back to that on my main system (I'm waiting for the Set Top feature to be completed currently, can't wait for that!).

Second reason is the Wife acceptance factor. We got rid of cable so this a replacement for her, and she uses it daily. That means if something breaks I got to spend the night fixing until it works again. So if everything is functioning fine for her, i don't want to risk breaking it. I'll usually upgrade her pseudotv when she's out of town and I have some free time, so in case anything does break I can fix it before she get's back. I suspect this 90% of the reason why most people don't upgrade (If it's not broke, they aint gonna try to fix it)

Can you share your code? if its useful I'll add it...
Quote:Can you share your code? if its useful I'll add it...

Sure, I actually posted it before but I think you thought it was a bit too custom:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730688

I've modified it slightly since then, I'm also writing out the video thumbnail to m3u and using the Artdownloader.py to parse it out and display it. That code is really hacky though and doubt you'd want integrate that the main branch, If you're really interested I can share it with you.
(2014-09-09, 15:23)Lunatixz Wrote: How about we hold it up to a community vote, How many users would rather see the Channel Name in a long string in the EPG rather than (Stacked) appearing at the end?
End of the day, I'll tally...
only time i see lag on the epg is when one of my (2) last.fm chans are being displayed with all the individual songs. I would be happy with just seeing the channel name in the epg rather than every single song.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 402(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45