• 463(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-10-26, 03:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 03:46)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 03:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Holy Crap! you are just a trouble maker, welcome to my ignore list! For everyone else who wants to get a laugh... here is an example of me trying to help this fool!

Notice how I politely try and help by suggesting two solutions to his problem... But he can't read, and ignores my answer!

I also think it's important to point out that the burden of learning is on you! I'm not here to teach you... I can only nudge you in the correct direction. If thats not good enough... don't bother to post!

Makes me wonder how the 'f' ppl function day to day... this guy must be spoon fed!

Is this for real? You just got proven wrong by another person in an issue you were rude about and blamed me on....

Own it, you were wrong, the issue was your fault, not mine. This is the second time that's happened and both times you acted pretentious about it...

You also seemed confused, we aren't talking about my epg issues...

Sir, it's bothersome how deeply confused you are... there is no bug on my end!

If you are talking about your "RSS" problem! there is no problem... a line break doesn't cause the channel not to build!

You might wanna read the post, cuz the other guy pointed out the specific problem.

I'm not trying to get you to hold my hand and I have no problem reading and researcHing to get things to work, but this is a bug with the auto tune. I've tested it several times.
(2014-10-26, 03:57)Lunatixz Wrote: You are mixing two different chtypes... you can't do that...

If you want a upnp (Playon) source in chtype 8, you need to supply the correct upnp link. Which is not the same as entering a source in chtype 16...

In other words, chtype 16 doesn't use a link, it finds one from the supplied path to the link... chtype 8 requires a direct link, not a path.

I see thank you, what would you suggest then for attempting to make a static Live channel using a full upnp path that changes all the time ?

Do you see yourself adding the option to add EPG source for CHtype 16 ?

There are quite a few Live channels available in PlayOn
(2014-10-26, 04:00)ShaunB1980 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 03:57)Lunatixz Wrote: You are mixing two different chtypes... you can't do that...

If you want a upnp (Playon) source in chtype 8, you need to supply the correct upnp link. Which is not the same as entering a source in chtype 16...

In other words, chtype 16 doesn't use a link, it finds one from the supplied path to the link... chtype 8 requires a direct link, not a path.

I see thank you, what would you suggest then for attempting to make a static Live channel using a full upnp path that changes all the time ?

Do you see yourself adding the option to add EPG source for CHtype 16 ?

There are quite a few Live channels available in PlayOn

using playon it's really hard... you need to find the true source that playon is using... which really isn't possible in this case. you can try url snooper software to locate the stream link.
read post 2? which includes more info... you can also google "url snooper" and learn more about it.

honestly it would be easier to find a bootleg rtmp source to espn then to get a working link out of playon...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-24, 13:49)windsorguy1979 Wrote: You can use 'adb pull' to pull the xml from your AFTV to your computer for editing and 'adb push' to send the XML file back over to your AFTV. You don't need a rooted FireTV for these commands to work, you just need to turn on ADB Debugging:

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv...ecting-adb

Ok I have been reading up on adb pull/push. How do I find the correct path to pull the settings2.xml file? I went into XBMC file manager and found the file but I must be typing something wrong because cmd gives me "does not exist" when I try to pull the file. I know that means I am typing the incorrect path but I cant seem to find the right one.

Luna i also tried to make a backup and find the file that way. It made a complete backup but I can only find the settings.xml file. Trust me when I say I looked in every single file that was backed up. It was not there.

Thanks for the help once I am able to start editing the xml file PTVL can only get better!
(2014-10-26, 05:27)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 13:49)windsorguy1979 Wrote: You can use 'adb pull' to pull the xml from your AFTV to your computer for editing and 'adb push' to send the XML file back over to your AFTV. You don't need a rooted FireTV for these commands to work, you just need to turn on ADB Debugging:

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv...ecting-adb

Ok I have been reading up on adb pull/push. How do I find the correct path to pull the settings2.xml file? I went into XBMC file manager and found the file but I must be typing something wrong because cmd gives me "does not exist" when I try to pull the file. I know that means I am typing the incorrect path but I cant seem to find the right one.

Luna i also tried to make a backup and find the file that way. It made a complete backup but I can only find the settings.xml file. Trust me when I say I looked in every single file that was backed up. It was not there.

Thanks for the help once I am able to start editing the xml file PTVL can only get better!

Did u ever run PTVL? It only creates the file after running... Its in the same folder you found setting.xml
(2014-10-26, 05:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Did u ever run PTVL? It only creates the file after running... Its in the same folder you found setting.xml

yes I have ran it. I can find the file in the Kodi file manager so I know its there. It just does not get pulled over during the backup. Unless it did not completely backup all files.

Now that I know how to pull/push if someone knows the file path I can pull it with cmd.
(2014-10-26, 06:02)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 05:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Did u ever run PTVL? It only creates the file after running... Its in the same folder you found setting.xml

yes I have ran it. I can find the file in the Kodi file manager so I know its there. It just does not get pulled over during the backup. Unless it did not completely backup all files.

Now that I know how to pull/push if someone knows the file path I can pull it with cmd.

Weird thought that would be the easiest option for you... What about using xbmcs file manager to copy between sources? That's gotta be easier then adb Smile
(2014-10-26, 06:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 06:02)Kalebbroo Wrote:

Weird thought that would be the easiest option for you... What about using xbmcs file manager to copy between sources? That's gotta be easier then adb Smile
@Lunatixz I don't know much about most of these stuff sstill learning but when @Kalebbroo mention kodi am that rings a bell personally I've had tons of weird problems with Helix. If @Kalebbroo is using Helix start by downgrading back to Gotham and start from there
(2014-10-26, 12:45)bigsteel99 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 06:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 06:02)Kalebbroo Wrote: yes I have ran it. I can find the file in the Kodi file manager so I know its there. It just does not get pulled over during the backup. Unless it did not completely backup all files.

@Lunatixz I don't know much about most of these stuff sstill learning but when @Kalebbroo mention kodi am that rings a bell personally I've had tons of weird problems with Helix. If @Kalebbroo is using Helix start by downgrading back to Gotham and start from there

I didn't see him mention helix? If that's the case its unsupported.
Wink 
(2014-10-26, 12:45)bigsteel99 Wrote: @Lunatixz I don't know much about most of these stuff sstill learning but when @Kalebbroo mention kodi am that rings a bell personally I've had tons of weird problems with Helix. If @Kalebbroo is using Helix start by downgrading back to Gotham and start from there

Nope running Gotham. i am just preparing my brain call XBMC Kodi.

When I get off work today im going to give it another shot. I have never moved files using XBMC file manager. I will have to look up how to acomplish that. I WILL figure this out lol. Editing the settings2 is the only way to fully unlock PTVL's potential.

Also i told my wife I would create several different Christmas channels before the holidays start Big Grin I have added a custom local file playlist but I would like to give her more veriety. Custom Youtube playlists seem like a good way to accomplish this.
(2014-10-26, 18:46)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 12:45)bigsteel99 Wrote: @Lunatixz I don't know much about most of these stuff sstill learning but when @Kalebbroo mention kodi am that rings a bell personally I've had tons of weird problems with Helix. If @Kalebbroo is using Helix start by downgrading back to Gotham and start from there

When I get off work today im going to give it another shot. I have never moved files using XBMC file manager. I will have to look up how to acomplish that. I WILL figure this out lol. Editing the settings2 is the only way to fully unlock PTVL's potential.

Also i told my wife I would create several different Christmas channels before the holidays start Big Grin I have added a custom local file playlist but I would like to give her more veriety. Custom Youtube playlists seem like a good way to accomplish this.

Do you know about the windows channel manager? Link in post 1... It will help you build channels.
(2014-10-26, 18:46)Kalebbroo Wrote:

One of these days I'm going to look into Christmas playlists and see if I can find some for the community list.
I've made some enhancements to the "PTVL" skin, they will be included with the next update.

With Videowindow

Without Videowindow
Yay
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hey Luna, I'm wondering if something's up with the USTVNOW fetching? I'm not able to get any xml data for those channels, and I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end? Thanks!
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
  • 463(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45