• 228(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Anyone have a simple tutorial on how to manually get a ustvnow channel working in pseudotv live from a fresh install?
(2014-04-06, 18:32)kaiseruk Wrote: ...Also, i posted before about how pressing stop completely exits pseudotv for me without a prompt. When pressing stop on 101 and 102 (only type 8 channels i have added so far), pseudotv goes back to home menu without existing the script and then after 5/10 seconds it reopens on the next channel.

+1

Ditto for me, though I have predominantly type 10 channels. In the past it would exit PTVL completely. Now it advances to next channel in EPG.

Not a show stopper, just a peculiar behaviour way down the list for Luna to look at when time permits.

(2014-04-06, 22:02)Demivoin Wrote: Anyone have a simple tutorial on how to manually get a ustvnow channel working in pseudotv live from a fresh install?

I simply edited my existing settings2.xml file (Notepad++ of course !), and copy/pasted the USTVnow example given on page one. Naturally, I re-numbered the channel numbers in the example to fit an open range in my channel numbering scheme.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2014-04-06, 22:19)gjwAudio Wrote: I simply edited my existing settings2.xml file (Notepad++ of course !), and copy/pasted the USTVnow example given on page one. Naturally, I re-numbered the channel numbers in the example to fit an open range in my channel numbering scheme.

There has to be something else to it, because when I try that it says my channels aren't configured properly

Code:
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: makeChannelList, CHANNEL: 6
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Building LiveTV Channel, I33.28455626.microsoft.com , plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=PBS&mode=play , ustvnow
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Building LiveTV using tuner1
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: setting3 = ustvnow
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok, testing C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\ustvnow.xml
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: INFO: XMLTV File Found...
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\ustvnow.xml
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltvValid = False

the wierd thing is there is no ustvnow.xml file at that location for me

full log is posted a few posts back
(2014-04-06, 22:41)Demivoin Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 22:19)gjwAudio Wrote: I simply edited my existing settings2.xml file (Notepad++ of course !), and copy/pasted the USTVnow example given on page one. Naturally, I re-numbered the channel numbers in the example to fit an open range in my channel numbering scheme.

There has to be something else to it, because when I try that it says my channels aren't configured properly

Code:
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: makeChannelList, CHANNEL: 6
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Building LiveTV Channel, I33.28455626.microsoft.com , plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=PBS&mode=play , ustvnow
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Building LiveTV using tuner1
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: setting3 = ustvnow
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok, testing C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\ustvnow.xml
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: INFO: XMLTV File Found...
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\ustvnow.xml
15:32:16 T:2144   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltvValid = False

the wierd thing is there is no ustvnow.xml file at that location for me

full log is posted a few posts back

You know whats really troubling... in all this time you haven't realized you are using an old copy of PseudoTV Live...
Even after I pointed out whats wrong... and how to fix it... you still talk about ustvnow.xml!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-06, 23:55)Lunatixz Wrote: You know whats really troubling... in all this time you haven't realized you are using an old copy of PseudoTV Live...
Even after I pointed out whats wrong... and how to fix it... you still talk about ustvnow.xml!

i wish it were that easy, I did suspect that I might have a slightly older version (a few days old at most) so I went ahead and updated. It was never pointed out to me and you never told me how to fix it?

I updated to the latest, from this link https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip not even 1 hour ago

same problem
::Update::

Recursive directories and BCT override rule will be included in the next update...

(2014-04-07, 00:21)Demivoin Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 23:55)Lunatixz Wrote: You know whats really troubling... in all this time you haven't realized you are using an old copy of PseudoTV Live...

i wish it were that easy, I did suspect that I might have a slightly older version (a few days old at most) so I went ahead and updated. It was never pointed out to me and you never told me how to fix it?

I updated to the latest, from this link https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip not even 1 hour ago

same problem

Sure about that? Post: #3399 !!

Read posts 1-3, and clean install PTVL!!
(2014-04-07, 00:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Sure about that? Post: #3399 !!

yes at the time of that post I might have had a slightly older version, but not even 2 minutes ago I tried it again just for shits and giggles:

- Deleted addon/script.pseudotv.live

- Deleted userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache

- downloaded fresh zip file from https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip

- in XBMC installed addon from zip file

- checked settings

- same problem, no fix, this is the log: pastebin.com/fC8KGU2x
(2014-04-07, 00:46)Demivoin Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 00:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Sure about that? Post: #3399 !!

yes at the time of that post I might have had a slightly older version, but not even 2 minutes ago I tried it again just for shits and giggles:

- Deleted addon/script.pseudotv.live

- Deleted userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache

- downloaded fresh zip file from https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip

- in XBMC installed addon from zip file

- checked settings

- same problem, no fix

Code:
DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok, testing C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\us​tvnow.xml

You can only get this output from old code!!

New code looks like this!!

Code:
18:52:35 T:11184   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok
18:52:35 T:11184   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: setting3 = ustvnow
18:52:35 T:11184   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok, testing ustvnow
18:52:35 T:11184   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: xmltv_ok, INFO: URL Connected...
Where do I download the lastest then?

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip this is the link on the 1st post, it must be pointing to an older version?
OK whew... managed to find a copy of the latest by forking it to my own github account and downloading it from that... I have no clue why it was giving me an older version from the link on the first post but anyways now I see the USTVnow autotune options.

i guess i'll see how it goes
(2014-04-07, 00:57)Demivoin Wrote: Where do I download the lastest then?

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip this is the link on the 1st post, it must be pointing to an older version?

Must be.. No other possibilities *cough* clean install!! Big Grin

(2014-04-07, 01:09)Demivoin Wrote: OK whew... managed to find a copy of the latest by forking it to my own github account and downloading it from that... I have no clue why it was giving me an older version from the link on the first post but anyways now I see the USTVnow autotune options.

i guess i'll see how it goes

So out of all this you still insist the link is the problem?
The link works fine! Takes you to the latest version!!
Can't help if you are unwilling to listen... Good luck
Well i got it working anyways, I don't know why the link which supposedly is the latest version was giving me an older version but it was, otherwise I wouldn't have had the problems in the first place.
(2014-04-07, 01:23)Demivoin Wrote: Well i got it working anyways, I don't know why the link which supposedly is the latest version was giving me an older version but it was, otherwise I wouldn't have had the problems in the first place.

i had that problem before then i realized i was not updating correctly i'm sure this is more likely then some how the link was different for you then everyone else.
::Update::

Want to clear the air with ustvnow autotune and direct plugin chtype not working for some users. It occurred to me that maybe you guys are running frodo?
It was mentioned before that its a Gotham only feature.
(2014-04-07, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Want to clear the air with ustvnow autotune and direct plugin chtype not working for some users. It occurred to me that maybe you guys are running frodo?
It was mentioned before that its a Gotham only feature.

Oh really? Where was this mentioned lol. What is different in Gorham over Frodo that would stop it working?

Guess I'll have to upgrade to gotham
  • 228(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45