Win Connecting to TV using UPnP/WiFi
Hi,

Probably got this question asked from you a million times but I have read the thread here: UPnP/Client and here: HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP But have not succeeded.

I have downloaded the Nightly version and the Monthly version. Followed step by step on how to setup XBMC /Client, but it cannot see my TV and this is the error log:

Code:
20:02:11 T:11436  NOTICE: starting upnp server
20:02:28 T:3380  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
20:02:33 T:5636   ERROR: UPNP: CUPnPPlayer : OnSetAVTransportURIResult failed
20:02:33 T:11436   ERROR: UPNP: CUPnPPlayer::OpenFile - unable to open file smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Public/XYZ/Movies/21 Grams.mp4
20:02:33 T:11436   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Public/XYZ/Movies/21 Grams.mp4

Any help is much appreciated.

Sara
anybody? please?
Can you elaborate on your set up? Is this between two XBMC boxes, or are you using XBMC to serve content to a UPnP-enabled TV?
Hi,

I have XBMC installed on my PC and want it to "serve content to a UPnP-enabled TV" (Samsung), as you mentioned.

I am using Windows 8.1 and XBMC version "XBMCSetup-20130714-c218d5c-master.".

All devices are on the same Network and I also have Vuze installed and I can watch what I download Instantly on my TV using Vuze.(without any setup. Vuze just poped up on my TV".

I know XBMC is most likely the same. But unfortunately I cannot make it work.

Thank You for your help.
I can only guess that the TV isn't playing nice with our UPnP server. Vuze has a UPnP server that is more suited to streaming to things like TVs, including transcoding and something to do with UPnP/DLNA profiles. There are some very big UPnP improvements in the work for this kind of thing that will pop up later this year. Until then, I'm not sure there is much one can do on the user side of things.
Yep I think you are right about not playing nice Big Grin.

I just love XBMC and this just spoils the fun. I will wait for the improvements then.

And thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting to TV using UPnP/WiFi0