can't stream from ipad to laptop xbmc.log
Hi,

I've installed XBMC on my laptop a couple of weeks ago so that I could stream from my iPad (3) to my laptop in order to use an HDMI cable to watch it on tv (I do not have apple tv at this tv). The point is that whenever I try to stream something, my iPad nor iPhone (airplay) notices XBMC. It does, however, notice the apple tv on another network I'm often connected to. That network is close by but won't reach that far.
How can I make my iPad/iPhone see XMBC in Airplay options? Does it have something to do with the network?

Thanks in advance Smile
What version of xbmc are you using? By default, the setting for the airplay is disabled, so you have to go to the network settings to enable airplay. Also, I believe Bonjour must be installed in your laptop in order for airplay to work. If you have itunes installed in the laptop then you will most likely have Bonjour too.
Version 12.2 of xbmc, bonjour is installed (i've got itunes) also, airplay is enabled.

It did notice xbmc now, but when i pressed airplay the play screen went away and now it doesn't notice xbmc again. I've pulled out the router plug half an hour ago, could that have something to do with it? Strange that it doesn't notice xbmc again now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't stream from ipad to laptop xbmc.log0