Running XBMC in taskbar?
Is there a way to run XBMC on windows as a Icon in the taskbar? So I could run it 24/7 so it scans in new shows to the library every few hours. I dislike booting XBMC up to watch a show I know has finished downloading only to have to wait for it to scan my huge library to find it. 500+ movies and 7000+ episodes takes awhile to scan folders.

I can leave program open but it constantly focuses and gets in the way all the time, would be more convenient to minimize to task bar.

I know a heap of programming is in XBMC, is this possible already? I did a search of forums and couldn't find anything related.
I've never had it focus on me by itself.
Trying running XBMC launcher and set it to only focus once.

If your not using CouchPotato or SickBeard to auto update you could add the library watchdog add-on so it will update any changes after they happen.
Mine constantly comes up whenever I minimize stuff if running it fullscreen it pops up all the time. Always done it the whole year ive been using the program. I tried setting it to focus only once still pops up..

I tried library watchdog and it didnt work with my smb shares, ill try it again now and see if it will work. Was using auto library update on a timer before
Check out XBMCLauncher. It allows you to adjust focus of XBMC.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running XBMC in taskbar?0