Will bluetooth headset support come to XBMC?
Hi,

I am using Frodo [OpenElec 3.1.3] on my Raspberry pi [Model B].
I have an ASUS BT211 bluetooth dongle and a DEL BH200 headset. The headset pairs but fails to connect - it shows "unable to select SEP" under logs.

I have been doing some research on this and if I understand this right

a) Bluetooth is not supported on XBMC for Rpi because Bluez doesn't support HSP profile? http://www.bluez.org/profiles/
b) Rpi is too underpowered to manage a/v sync issues?
c) Bluetooth headset support is unlikely to come to XBMC for Pi in the near future - not even in Gotham?

Could someone tell me if I got it right?
as mentioned before m8, its the Alsa support not BT
http://reincarnate.co/OpenELEC_RPI/AlsaKernel will this work?
No. XBMC on RPi uses omxplayer to play videos. omxplayer does not support alsa. Unless my knowledge is outdated (which is certainly not impossible), that's the end of it.

If you want a more general solution, get a proper PC Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If I configure XBMC on Pi to use an external player like vlc or something else that would work with alsa?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players
I don't believe any other players are able to use the Pi's hardware acceleration. If you want a more general solution, get a proper PC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does this apply to Ouya as well? I am thinking about buying one if somebody can tell me that XBMC would allow bluetooth audio trasmission on Ouya.
xbmc isn't involved, it just outputs to whatever audio devices it is provided. does android support it? (leading question...)
Also, I noticted this command line for omxplayer

$ omxplayer --help
Usage: omxplayer [OPTIONS] [FILE]
Options :
-h / --help print this help
-n / --aidx index audio stream index : e.g. 1
-o / --adev device audio out device : e.g. hdmi/local
-p / --passthrough audio passthrough
-w / --hw hw audio decoding

Can I just pair a bluetooth device and change xbmc configuration xml or something to use this device as audio out device (-adev option)? Can I probably do that on Xbian if not on OpenElec? I was able to pair my DELL headset on Xbian and even play audio using "aplay".
Try it and see.
Raspbmc guys are experimenting with ALSA output for XBMC. Might poke around on their forums and see what the latest findings are.
Where do I modify this setting for xbmc?
How many times do you have to be told that it is not possible at present on XBMC on RPi.

If you want a more general solution, get a proper PC.
(2013-07-26, 09:13)nickr Wrote: How many times do you have to be told that it is not possible at present on XBMC on Rpi

Now you know what blind faith is... Big Grin
No but I know what willful blindness is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will bluetooth headset support come to XBMC?0