Req Exclude folders for Pictures view
Currently we can hide folders from the video and audio views with this in advancedsettings.xml

<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
</excludefromlisting>

However it doesn't do anything in the <pictures> section, so there doesn't appear to be any way at the moment to hide the system folders in this view, which I would like, so if that could be added that'd be great.
just missing from the wiki. for some reason it's available as <pictureexcludes> instead of as a subtag.
(2013-07-25, 17:52)spiff Wrote: just missing from the wiki. for some reason it's available as <pictureexcludes> instead of as a subtag.

Ah cool, thanks for the tip Smile
This doesn't seems to work for me, so I've probably misunderstood. I tried

Code:
<pictures>
  <pictureexcludes>
   <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
  </pictureexcludes>
</pictures>

before that I tried just

Code:
<pictureexcludes>
   <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
</pictureexcludes>

which also didn't do anything.
spiff,

Have you got any further advice for me please?
So I take it from the silence that this isn't currently implemented?
nah, just missed it.

as i said, it's not a subtag of pictures. just plain <pictureexcludes> should work. and don't forget the root advancedsettings tag!
i just tested and this works just fine.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pictureexcludes>
    <regexp>.*jpg</regexp>
  </pictureexcludes>
</advancedsettings>
Yeah, that's what I tried first and I already have other stuff in there so had the advancedsettings tags.

I'll give it another go using what you've posted though.
Cool

<pictureexcludes>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>

works for me, thanks Smile

It seems we can't hide a device (in this case USB_16GB) if we have added a folder on it as a source (\pictures - listed as Pictures (Internal)) but at least I can hide flash and SD2, which makes it look a lot neater.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude folders for Pictures view0