Acer Revo RL70 Niggles
Just set up my new OpenElec box with the latest version running on an Acer RL70 with optical DTS/DD 5.1 pass through.

Sources are MKV 1080p and streamed via NFS from WD MyBookLive 3TB NAS.

All is well barring two niggles I hope you guys can help with:

(1) When I fast forward or skip chapters, the audio jitters when play resumes. This can be remedied by pausing and then resuming play. However is there any advice anyone can offer?

(2) My Acer Revo RL70 can sleep and wake just fine. It also shutdown - but cannot be turned on remotely from cold.

Im using a Harmony One+ with Media Center Extender device with a HP MCE receiver.

Is a cold power on possible?

If not, does the RL70 use much power when in sleep mode (pink light)? Will this decrease lifespan of the hardware?

The unit will be used anything from daily to only once per week.
2 possible with the right hardware. When a PC is off it still draws power, the only way to have it not is to turn it off at the power point. Last time I checked with a desktop machine the difference in power draw between off and sleep was tiny, less than a watt. Not worth the inconvenience IMHO.
(2013-07-26, 00:51)teeedubb Wrote: Last time I checked with a desktop machine the difference in power draw between off and sleep was tiny, about a watt. Not worth the inconvenience IMHO.

Reassuring, thank you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL70 Niggles0