My new toy came today.
Wink 
First off,let me say THANK YOU to Dougie (ecosmartpc). I was in talks with him for a few weeks getting things together.His service is second to none.
My build was suppose to have ]went out this past Monday,but due to courier mishaps,that didn't happen. Same went for Tuesday,courier was screwing things up. So he didn't get it sent out until Wednesday and he sent it "NEXT DAY". How many people would have done that? I didn't request it,he did it on his own so I could get my build sooner. Thanks Doug. Anyways I took some pictures,but haven't gotten around to installing OE onto the SSD.

Front

Back

Top and Side vents.Plenty of air flow.

IR receiver.It's actually lying down now.

Inside

SSD/3.5 Mounting Plate on top

NZXT USB expansion and SSD. Needed to get the NZXT to allow me to use the two side usb ports due to the IR receiver using the on ton he motherboard.Thanks Doug for the heads up.

NZXT installed.Came with velcro.Does the job.

All done.I'll re-route the wiring to make it a little neater.

Powered up. The case is very nice aluminum.Feels solid with a little weight. The big thing is it was WIFE approved.Big Grin
Awesome! How do i get ahold of this guy to buy a build? Also does he set up mysql as well?
(2013-07-26, 04:33)j2048b Wrote: Awesome! How do i get ahold of this guy to buy a build? Also does he set up mysql as well?

He goes by Dougie Fresh on here or you can contact him on his website..ecosmartpc
Awesome thanks K! Appreciate it! Did this build cost u a lot if u dont mind me asking? Just looking for a rating as far as cost is concerned.... Ill check him out!
(2013-07-26, 04:44)j2048b Wrote: Awesome thanks K! Appreciate it! Did this build cost u a lot if u dont mind me asking? Just looking for a rating as far as cost is concerned.... Ill check him out!

Pm coming to you.
Ill read it later tonight as im at work, thanks man much appreciation!
(2013-07-26, 04:47)j2048b Wrote: Ill read it later tonight as im at work, thanks man much appreciation!

Your welcome.
Yes..the guy knows his stuff..
Well worth following his threads.
No bull and clear cut on the lastest tech.
I brought a HTPC from his reviews and would have brought off him if I was in the states.
Thanks dg! Ill check him out and see what i can do as im running 3 different instances of xbmc:

2 ea OG atv 1's with openelec
1 ea mac pro running xbmc that maybecome my mysql server for both the other xbmc's...

Does he do windows, linux? Just wondering as i do like openelec... And really have gotten away from windows with mac.... But headless units would be awesome as well :)

Also might thro on playon as well for netflix and ios streaming??
Really great ...
Does it power on from power off state , with the remote ?
(2013-07-26, 11:44)solamnic Wrote: Does it power on from power off state , with the remote ?

Haven't got to that point yet. Still have to program the Harmony One and I got a keyboard coming today to help make things a little easier.
Nice system,...and I'm not suprised about the quality of the sytem,..nor the quality of service.
Dougie has always come across as an awesome person!

and no,..he didn't hack my account.
If I didn't love building these systems myself so much,...he'd be the person/company I'd turn to for a HTPC.
Thanks for the write-up! I am glad you like it and sorry again for all the issues getting it sent out. I am glad I could make it right.

Power on from USB is a tough one with this build because the USB ports don't supply power to the IR receiver when the machine if off and the IR receiver doesn't have the power switch routed through it. I have some IR receivers that have that ability but they are disappointingly proprietary so I've been using the Inteset USB IR receiver for these builds. Honestly, I leave my HTPCs on all the time. When they are idling, especially this Atom/Nvidia build, they aren't using much in the way of power. Wake-from-USB might be a better route to take since it will use only 2-3W in sleep vs. 1W or so when off and still supplying power to USB (again, this motherboard cannot do the latter).

(2013-07-26, 05:48)j2048b Wrote: Thanks dg! Ill check him out and see what i can do as im running 3 different instances of xbmc:

2 ea OG atv 1's with openelec
1 ea mac pro running xbmc that maybecome my mysql server for both the other xbmc's...

Does he do windows, linux? Just wondering as i do like openelec... And really have gotten away from windows with mac.... But headless units would be awesome as well Smile

Also might thro on playon as well for netflix and ios streaming??

We usually do the barebones and let you handle the software. Since there are so many different combinations of this and that, it'd be hard to be the experts in all things software. There have been some requests lately to also have OpenELEC installed so we're thinking on it. The OP reminded me there's might be some tweaks needed to get OE running (setting the right DFP in the config) so it might be good to have it all tweaked out of the box to make life easier.
(2013-07-26, 13:42)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Nice system,...and I'm not suprised about the quality of the sytem,..nor the quality of service.
Dougie has always come across as an awesome person!

and no,..he didn't hack my account.
If I didn't love building these systems myself so much,...he'd be the person/company I'd turn to for a HTPC.

Thanks, Gort! We do sell just the cases for the DIYer... Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new toy came today.0