Recommendation on Xbmc Media Boxes
Hello

First post, But using xbmc for years. Could anyone recommend a media box that has xbmc? Excluding apple tv's.

Looking for a box that has ability to connect to the home wifi and when adding files - (tv shows / movies) in settings can connect to source such as a network hard drive, wifi external hard drives (WD Live, Seagate), Nas.

- Has option of running wired Ethernet. Wired my whole house with cat5.

- Can play add-ons such as youtube, live streams, mash up.

- Can browse the internet. Can play avi, mkv, mp4.

- Price doesn't matter. small fast. good support.

I already have a pc connected to a tv in my main living room. but want the source to be connected on the wifi hard drive because that's where all my media is. Also not sure how will the library be in sync with my main htpc will ask that after.
Have you researched the Lenovo Q190.. Pretty badass pre-built box for XBMC! I would checkout THIS thread for all of the particulars. I've been using it for about three weeks now and think it's a great lil' piece of kit. I believe it will perform all of the tasks you've requested in a media box.
Pivos XIOS DS, Ouya (still finalising their android xbmc over next 2 weeks), jyxnbox.

You said good support, which rules out: Odroid, Geniatech ATV1200, Gbox Midnight MX2, YW9300, RK3188
(2013-07-30, 04:06)CpTHOOK Wrote: Have you researched the Lenovo Q190.. Pretty badass pre-built box for XBMC! I would checkout THIS thread for all of the particulars. I've been using it for about three weeks now and think it's a great lil' piece of kit. I believe it will perform all of the tasks you've requested in a media box.

Yes I would also choose the lenovo q190, I am using it for 10 days now. It is very good, much better then android boxes like minix x5. Do not go for android.
(2013-07-30, 03:47)MSFighter Wrote: Also not sure how will the library be in sync with my main htpc will ask that after.

No need to ask later:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
Hi, i'm almost new to the forum, but really an early user.
I used it since the name was xboxmediacenter, i had two xboxes running it, but the time is gone and xbox1 were dead. ConfusedConfused
after xbox i used a eeepc, very satisfacted from the setup

http://uk.asus.com/Eee/EeeBox_PC/EeeBox_PC_EB1012P/

but now also this one is dead
end of warranty and also dead of pc.
I'm looking around for a susbtitution, i don't want anymore asus (i already gave them my money for only 2 years pc), and i've readen a lot about the new Lenovo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563

it seems perfect, but no I/R and no e-sata port.
Any other suggestion about a new minihtpc ?
Also i saw on amazon different version from celeron b887 to core i3.
I'm not an heavy user (only xbmc and surfing), which one fits best for my needed ?
All movies i see are HD movies
Thanks for the reply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendation on Xbmc Media Boxes0