Gotham Mysql directions
Been reading tons og guides but cant seem to find much information about Mysql versions, other than they have to be the same.

Are there any who can give directions to which windows xbmc build is needed if I want to run Mysql on Windows server to Gotham test builds for Raspberry Pi?

Or is above not possible and I have to go stable release Frodo windows and Rasperry Pi?

Thanks in advance.
The database version hasn't changed since Frodo, so you can currently mix Frodo and Gotham clients.
This won't continue forever, so it is best to use clients with the same version.
music db version changed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-02, 11:11)popcornmix Wrote: The database version hasn't changed since Frodo, so you can currently mix Frodo and Gotham clients.
This won't continue forever, so it is best to use clients with the same version.

So as long as all Raspberry Pi's and htpc is the same build, it doesnt matter which Windows build on server?
(2013-08-02, 12:25)Schjelde Wrote:
(2013-08-02, 11:11)popcornmix Wrote: The database version hasn't changed since Frodo, so you can currently mix Frodo and Gotham clients.

So as long as all Raspberry Pi's and htpc is the same build, it doesnt matter which Windows build on server?

If Windows is running xbcm, then it should be the same version as the other clients.
Martijn says the music db has changes in Gotham, so if you have a music library then you don't want to mix

If you only have a video library, then you may currently get away with mixing versions, but that will fail eventually, so keeping versions in sync is advised.

If you are running Gotham builds on the Pi, then I'd suggest updating to a Gotham nightly on all devices when you update one (or at least do this at end of each month).
Thanks for the answers. Got it all working now.

Only now need to see how and if its possible to have "kids" section on homescreen on server and let that go over to the clients by mysql.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Mysql directions0