Method of playing movies with business commericals
I was hoping I could come up with a method for playing movies at my business lobby and interrupt the movie with commercials that we create to display to our customers. I own a dance studio and we plan to play musicals and animations to the kids and parents in our lobby. I would then play commercials of classes that we offer at intervals to inform them of different dance styles and what ever else we come up with. I would love to do this via XBMC.
so from a super simple way you could take a video and chop it into pieces and create a playlist to play them in sequence so chop video into say 10 pieces and play 1 followed by add, play 2 followed by add and so on.

Or you can take your video and use a video editing program and insert the commercials into the video at desired times.
יונתן בן-חיים
That is one method i had thought of but I would rather not have that extra work load.. that is a lot of work, we plan to have movies playing all the time.. could end up being 100's.. there is just no way I could do that to all the movies. Plus I would want to change the commercials displayed on the fly. I can't believe that I havent been able to find anything like this.. you would think there would be some kind of software available for retail stores etc.
(2013-08-07, 21:37)fluentdesigns Wrote: That is one method i had thought of but I would rather not have that extra work load.. that is a lot of work, we plan to have movies playing all the time.. could end up being 100's.. there is just no way I could do that to all the movies. Plus I would want to change the commercials displayed on the fly. I can't believe that I havent been able to find anything like this.. you would think there would be some kind of software available for retail stores etc.

i have not dived into it to much yet.
But mayby is it possible with the home automation script or with a littlebit of modifying.But not sure, like i said i have barely looked into it yet.
if you're gonna use our baby to spew the damnation of our time at peeps, the least you can do is write the scripts needed yourself.
I suspect fluentdesigns is some sort of TV Network exec looking to use xbmc for his tv channel! muhahahaha Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Sounds doable, at lease. A script with a timer that will pause one movie, then choose from a playlist or something of ads, then resume previous movie. Using it in a dance studio to show off classes is one of the more interesting ideas I've heard for using XBMC in a business.

I don't know much about scripting, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already done something similar. If I find anything, I'll post about it here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Method of playing movies with business commericals0