Raspberry Pi help
So I am looking to build an inexpensive carputer, mostly just to play my FLAC music in my car using a Mimo 720S USB touchscreen monitor and a standard hard drive.

I was curious if XBMC is working good on Raspberry Pi. I know there were concerns initially with this setup, but was curious if its gotten any better?

I also was hoping to get some idea's about the best XBMC version to run, like OpenELEC, Raspbmc etc.......
I use RaspBMC and it works great, but I would recommend that you use a USB drive for the root file system as that speeds up the menus quite a bit. haven't had a problem that wasn't self inflicted.
Yes XBMC is working good on the RPI.
Yes it would be suitable for a carputer.

I'm not sure XMBC on the RPI would work as it should on a touchscreen. You may need a Android version on an Android box. That would be Pivos Xios or Ouya.

I would choose the RPI though and a non-touchscreen and use a remote to control it as it should.

There is no "best XBMC version", they are all designed towards a goal. If you want a core XBMC I would recommend OpenELEC.
Hmm, fot that price ($200 for Mimo 720S + raspberry +...) one can buy a 7'' tablet which can play music and videos....
(2013-08-12, 14:52)glypto Wrote: Hmm, fot that price ($200 for Mimo 720S + raspberry +...) one can buy a 7'' tablet which can play music and videos....

That's what I did.
(2013-08-12, 14:52)glypto Wrote: Hmm, fot that price ($200 for Mimo 720S + raspberry +...) one can buy a 7'' tablet which can play music and videos....

The Mimo is being used in another build for work so I will have it already, so I wont have to re-buy it.

However after thinking about connecting to my system, its probably going to be easier to just buy a 120 gig iPod classic and move my library over to it.

Since I wouldnt be using HDMI for the audio I would either need to buy an external DAC or use the stereo output of the raspberry which is my limiting factor in audio quality.

My main thought was to be able to utlize my existing FLAC library with my nice car stereo for higher quality sound. However I think its going to be more work than its worth to do that.

My existing car stereo will bypass a iOS device's internal converters and use its which are decent, I am just storage limited by the device so I will probably have to convert my library to 320 bps MP3's or lower quality to get them to fit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi help0