fanart.jpg not always showing
hi guys

as a solution to separating my kids movies and music videos i created a video source for each without content definition (movie,tv,music). i made them as a favorite and added each as a custom menu showing a file system.
in each kid movie folder i created a folder.jpg containing a thumb and fanart.jpg. the thumbs are showing correctly but the fanart shows on some movies and doesn't on others.

just for clarification the fanart.jpg shows a nice background picture when scrolling over the movie folder Smile

please help me what am i missing here
Not sure you're doing anything wrong... but I did notice some minor anomalies that should help you out.

in the folder of the video "Astro Boy (2009)" I have

Astro Boy (2009).mkv
Astro Boy (2009)-fanart.jpg
Astro Boy (2009)-poster.jpg

Which shows fine within the library and file mode.

I also have fanart.jpg and folder.jpg as well as Astro Boy (2009).tbn, which are from older XBMC versions. Along with associated clear logo's disc images and Astro Boy (2009).nfo which are still in use.The change to 'poster' was a Frodo change, there is also a poster.jpg image file which doesn't show up as the cover (legacy; I guess I should delete it) so it looks like the listing above takes precedence.

I didn't have to actually laboriously name these files, they came about from an export to separate files when I moved from Eden to Frodo, subsequent new files scrape directly with this structure if there is art available on the scraper, if it's missing then manually adding the image using the 'movie Information' function>extras works quickly and easily.
Thanks but still no dice Smile

have no idea why it shows some and doesnt show other and its very annoying since i took 4 days to put fanart and folder files in each movie folder.

anyone has anothe idea?
What happens when using the video information menu, choose 'extras' and change the artwork and path to the local artwork? (if this brings success, then a re-scrape might be useful) after this point we need to know a bit more about your set-up, skin etc... a debug log would be nice while attempting to add artwork.
This is not an "exact solution" to your problem, but another way of tackling it.

I had the same problem, I wanted to separate the kids movies. It is probably not the "ideal" way to do it, but it is working perfectly here! I simply edited the .nfo files for the children's movies, and added a custom genre:

<genre>Children Friendly</genre>

Now that they have that custom genre, I simply added a favorite to the main menu pointing to that genre.

This has a few advantages:

- It allows me to browse everything in library mode, and have the ability to see all of the movie details while browsing.
- All movies are scanned into the library for sorting / searching
- All movies are listed when viewing the library

If you use Ember Media Manager, you can change the genre's through that for each movie, and not have to manually edit the .nfo files.

Again, this is not a solution to your fanart problem, but another way to tackle it Wink

EDIT:
If you do not have the .nfo files in your movie folders:

- Scan all movies into the library, no matter what type Smile
- Export movie database, as individual files

This will save all the XBMC images, .nfo's ect to each individual movie folder.
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.jpg not always showing0