Rasberry Pi file sharing
Sorry if this is to general or mundane but here is my problem. What is the best file sharing protocol to use for file sharing between my Windows 7 PC with HDD storage and my Rasberry Pi with XBMC, both are connected to router via ethernet.It seems that I am just chasing my tail between different methods and none working correctly. Does anyone have a good setup guide for what I am doing? I realize that much of this is subjective but what I am doing isn't working either. Thanks for any help. BTW, I have been reading forums FAQ's etc. and still not finding a good answer. I have installed Plex and it is working but slowly, it is possible that I don't have it setup properly.
I don't have a technote, but i can let you know what I found that works for me...

NFS is probably the best protocol to use as there's less latency than SMB. I'm more Mac than PC but it looks like NFS is available under Win7:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...14a589c46d

I've tried to get Plex running too on my Synology NAS and i too found it a bit slow. I've switched to XBMC now and i've got a bit of a nerd crush on it Wink
NFS will be better, but watch out if you ever upgrade to Windows 8. The PRO version does not contain the tools for NFS. Don't expect high transfer rates from the RPI, I max out at around 6MB/s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rasberry Pi file sharing0