Req Sort by Album Artist on Remote App
Hello Everyone

Just a few days ago I bought my first Raspberry Pi which will be my media center for now on if my PC is shut off.
I'm pretty excited about it because I can control everything from my Iphone by the remote control, which is really awesome.
Because I tried XBMC beforehand on windows, I knew it will order my music by default by the Artist, not the Album Artist, which is though possible to change on the settings.
I prefer having everything together and sorted by album artist, because otherwise my music library looked pretty messy.

I wondered why the remote app for iOS still lacking this feature. Also I'm interested how you keep your music library clean and if you prefer an organization structure by artist or by alum artist. Will someone possibly add this feature to the app? I cannot program at all, otherwise I could do it myself maybe.
Couldn't agree more. I'm suprised the function isn't present. I spent hours cleaning up library with new tags. Only to have my albums displayed as "album title", which makes it all a gigantic mess.

Love this app, love that it's free. But please provide us an artist sort function in library, thank you!
bump....

1700 albums, it's a mess
I see the usefulness also. While waiting a future implementation, you can always use the "music > artists> albums" path as a temporary workaround
(2013-09-03, 18:08)joethefox Wrote: I see the usefulness also. While waiting a future implementation, you can always use the "music > artists> albums" path as a temporary workaround

Good idea, thanks Smile

Oh and thank you for making the best media center out there hands down.

The fact that xbmc/xbmce remote is offered freely warms my heart.

I would have gladly paid for the remote on ios, it's a great application to be used with xbmc.
thank you for the kind words \m/ and you can always contribute with a donation to the XBMC foundation http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort by Album Artist on Remote App0